Last Night...(Henry Rollins)

Speaking of rollins, even though i read the book a while back i listened to the audio version of WORLD WAR Z (about zombies) on the way to my parents house and was surprised that mr rollins had a reading part in the audio book. it was a nice surprise and the roll he read for was perfect for him. just a fun little fact.

so the show was last night and blew away my expectations. i've seen quite a few of his dvds and heard even more so i pretty much knew what to expect, but it was better than i could have hoped. he spoke for three hours exactly and it was great. i, unfortunately, didn't get a chance to meet him because we couldn't find the back of the venue but it's something to look forward to. between seeing do make say think on saturday night and hank in person last night, this was one of the best weekends i could have hoped for. i can't wait to get the opportunity to catch him live again.

Vito...that's the thing about seeing Henry do his spoke word performances live, all it takes is one time and you're ready for more. It's always engaging and entertaining. As a friend who is also a fan put it, you may not agree with 100% of his views or what he says, but always entertaining and makes you think.

im a huge rollins fan. saw him for the first time when he last came to australia. just a really great speaker. i have the henry rollins show on dvd, not that great unfortunately. i think he needs a live audience or somethin.

WWHRD?

I recently started getting IFC and set his show on the DVR. I can easily see this as a not DVD worthy show. Don't get me wrong it is great, but owning the DVDs for this would be like owning the DVDs for Conan O Brien past shows. I wouldn't mind a Collection of music performances and Letters From Henry though.

I don't understand the mentality of studios these days. Not everything has to see a DVD release.

It's on my list of things to get as I've never seen an episode. worth it?

I feel it is. Being that you are as big a fan as I am, it's totally worth it. The interviews are great...more than your average "night talk-show host" nonsense. The musical performances are great b/c it features bands that you'd never see in shows like Leno or Conan. And the in-between stuff/skits/whatever shows Henry ranting and raving and dropping his two cents on all kinds of topics and people.

Vito...that's the thing about seeing Henry do his spoke word performances live, all it takes is one time and you're ready for more. It's always engaging and entertaining. As a friend who is also a fan put it, you may not agree with 100% of his views or what he says, but always entertaining and makes you think.

totally agreed. the three friends i went to visit came with me and they've never really heard any of his stuff besides part of a dvd i showed them the other day and they all loved it. one of them is very outspoken, and like you said, he didn't agree with everything he said but he was definitely into it and enjoyed it. it definitely was an amazing weekend.

i'm also planning on buying his show on dvd as i don't get ifc either. i've seen a few clips here and there, enough to get the basic idea of it so i look forward to getting it. at least it's not expensive.