Last Night...(Henry Rollins)

Was amazing. My girlfriend and I went to see Henry Rollins again. This was the 2nd time shes seen him and I think my 3rd. His spoken word was amazing again and he talked for 3 hours. Anyone that's a fan of music should go and check him out. Not sure where he is on this tour, but check him out sometime. He also hangs out at the end of shows and will sign things and take pictures. He's a super nice guy and he's also really into collecting records. There was a part in his performance about having different pressings on the same record, my girlfriend looked at me and shook her head and I just laughed. Anyways, just thought I'd share. I was super excited and nervous, and a total fanboy, but was pumped to finally meet him.

[image]

See, Chris!...I told you it was going to an awesome performance. He didn't talk about record collecting during the two shows I caught but he did talk about one of the first 7" singles he bought by a band called The Ruts which he ended up singing for during a benefit reunion show.

My brother took this pic after the show.

[image]

It was cool to meet him. I got my copy of "A Dull Roar" signed and we briefly talked about the West Memphis Three. I was also freaking out and total fanboy as you Chris.

For the tour dates check his myspace page or his site www.21361.com

i have my tickets for october 28th in clagary, alberta! i have been a huge rollins fan for probably around 5 or 6 years now and i've always wanted to see him live, i missed the shows he did a couple of years ago because i couldn't make it to calgary or vancouver but i am unbelievably excited. i am a huge fanboy and really hope i get to meet him after the show, i've honestly been looking forward to this for so long.

that's a pretty long way to go for rollins, vito.

well both of my best friends live there so i was planning on a visit and spending a few days down in calgary anyway, the fact that rollins is going to be there there and i got the time off of work just worked out perfectly. it's going to make my trip even more exciting. i'm also hoping to catch do make say think the night before, so it's all coming together very well.

that's a pretty long way to go for rollins, vito.

well both of my best friends live there so i was planning on a visit and spending a few days down in calgary anyway, the fact that rollins is going to be there there and i got the time off of work just worked out perfectly. it's going to make my trip even more exciting. i'm also hoping to catch do make say think the night before, so it's all coming together very well.

that's awesome. i wish i could get time off to go see it, but nobody gets time off in ratings.

• 2 weeks later...

from Punknews.org

In Memoriam: Paul Fox (1951-2007)

Paul Fox, best known as the guitarist of influential reggae punks, The Ruts, has passed away at 56 following a battle with lung cancer. Just this past summer, Fox performed with the surviving members of the Ruts and fronted by Henry Rollins.

Formed in the late 70s, the Ruts were among the first wave of British punk bands, taking influence from reggae and punk rock and being active in the early anti-racist movement. Though the Ruts were no longer performing, Paul remained active in music, performing with the Dubcats.

http://www.punknews.org/article/26136

---------------------------------------------------

In the last few days, some great people involved in music have passed away: Paul Raven of Killing Joke & Prong; Lance Hahn of J Church; and now Paul Fox.

Paul's passing is a bit more stunning (even though I am a big Prong fan) due to having heard Henry Rollins talk so highly of him and The Rust when they reunited and asked Henry to sing.

:'(