Any Weezer fans?

I think "No One Else" and "No Other One" are probably the two most perfect Weezer songs in terms of accurate representation of their sound and skills. They're not my personal favorites, but I think those songs sum up the band (pre-Green Album) musically and lyrically rather perfectly.

I think "No One Else" and "No Other One" are probably the two most perfect Weezer songs in terms of accurate representation of their sound and skills. They're not my personal favorites, but I think those songs sum up the band (pre-Green Album) musically and lyrically rather perfectly.

i'd have to say the songs that best represent weezer pre-green musically and lyrically have to be "Across the Sea" and "Say It Ain't So"

i'd have to say the songs that best represent weezer pre-green musically and lyrically have to be "Across the Sea" and "Say It Ain't So"

Oh definitely, those songs are brilliant, but I think they're a little too heavy lyrically to just throw at someone who's never heard Weezer before.

Oh definitely, those songs are brilliant, but I think they're a little too heavy lyrically to just throw at someone who's never heard Weezer before.

hmm, i guess so. most people i talk to about "Say It Ain't So" don't know what it's talking about (a kid who's dad was an alcoholic who "found jesus", but it turns out his stepfather is an alcoholic himself), but then again, i only know because my brother kinda explained his interpretation of it to me. musically, i think they're both pretty good at showcasing what they're capable of (the solo/bridge in "Across the Sea" is crazy--i love that shit. the bridge/solos in "The Good Life" and "Pink Triangle" are insane, too).

lyrically, all of "Pinkerton" is so fucking heavy. i think lyrically, "I Just Threw Out The Love Of My Dreams" is a pretty good representation (just looking at the lyrics), even if it was technically a "Pinkerton" b-side and taken from SFTBH.

goddamnit heisel. i have a paper due. >:(

I'm still wetting myself over this news.

If "Blast Off!" is on here I'll be finished listening to music, because it will have peaked for me.

What's everyone's favorite b-sides?

I'm think I'm going to go with "Devotion," maybe. Also, most of the b-sides from Green are really good.