Thursday - Kill The House Lights DVD

I got an advance of this thing today, and holy shit, is it awesome. I just finished watching the documentary portion of it -- nearly 2 hours long, super-comprehensive, footage from their first show, interviews with EVERYONE involved (including Tony Brummel and their A&R guy for Island, who ends up being kind of a douche); it's really, really well done. Haven't watched the live show yet though.

The accompanying CD has some serious spicy jams on it, too. The first song, "Ladies And Gentlemen: My Brother The Failure" features Tim Kasher and is fucking DOPE.

Scott, you have any insight into the whole Thursday and Taking Back Sunday making nice with Victory after they both got pissed and left? It just seemed completely out of the blue.

No idea on TBS, but Thursday addresses the whole thing in their DVD. It's really, really candid and honest.

Guest falloutcollapse

let me tell you, i am going to probably cry when i get this. no kidding around, this is (and has been) my favorite band ever since i really knew what "alternative" music is. i preordered it from best buy, and overnight shipping costed almost as much as the dvd!

Guest scriptedrain
let me tell you, i am going to probably cry when i get this. no kidding around, this is (and has been) my favorite band ever since i really knew what "alternative" music is. i preordered it from best buy, and overnight shipping costed almost as much as the dvd!

No offense intended here, but why did you choose overnight shipping for a preorder? Or is Best Buy different when it comes to shipping out stuff before release date?

- Jeff

Guest falloutcollapse

No offense intended here, but why did you choose overnight shipping for a preorder? Or is Best Buy different when it comes to shipping out stuff before release date?

- Jeff

gift card. i needed to run that sucker out, because i never really go to best buy to buy things at all. the cd's i buy are normally off the internet, or not bought off the internet. and same thing with movies and such. so the total came out to $24.97, and i thought that was perfect, because it was a $25 gift card. trust me, i would have just gone out and bought it but tax made it so i couldn't buy this and one other cd