Avenged Sevenfold's drummer found dead

the hot topic flag is at half mast today

This made me spit coffee on my keyboard.

First Allen Shellenburger and now "the Rev"... who's got a grudge against rock musics most irrelevent drummers?

haha That is pretty fuckin' funny. There no flag out front of here tho :)

I wouldnt say he was irrelevent tho, dude was an awesome drummer. Even if you dont like their music, he was a very good drummer.

This made me spit coffee on my keyboard.

First Allen Shellenburger and now "the Rev"... who's got a grudge against rock musics most irrelevent drummers?

I wouldnt say he was irrelevent tho, dude was an awesome drummer. Even if you dont like their music, he was a very good drummer.

Im not saying he's a bad drummer Travis, far from it. But in 30 years will he be remembered like Neil Peart or John Bonham?

Im not saying he's a bad drummer Travis, far from it. But in 30 years will he be remembered like Neil Peart or John Bonham?

Of course not! haha

There arent many drummers that will ever be rembered along with those guys tho.

Who?

Guest kissthesharks
the hot topic flag is at half mast today

Seriously. My manager was bummed all day and we sold like 20 avenged sevenfold shirts. Think their vinyl will boom on ebay?

i'll admit it. i really liked their first two full lengths. met those dudes (sans m. shadows cause he was a t00l even then) at a warped tour many years back and they were some really genuinely nice people. i kinda gave up after reading all the stuck up (we don't want to be part of that scene...so now we play ozzfest) and right wing comments from them over the years. maybe i should dig out that signed ticket or old belt buckle for eBay?

LOL at Peart and Bonham...overrated wankers imho. Yeah, they are decent drummers for what they do, but....

Jazz drummers ftw (even though no one remembers them like the two above >:().

Bonham yes, however I think Peart deserves the praise he gets. Compared to today's caliber of musicians he would probably be considered only slightly above average, but in the 70s and 80s he was by far one of the best...imo

Well, not to take away from Peart, as he does deserve his place in the drumming world, but there were sooooooo many better drummers doing progressive music in the 70s. Rush was so popular that people can easily remember Peart, but there are tons of fusion players that could run circles around him all day...just my $0.02.

And it's sorta silly to compare rock icons to jazz drummers. What's next, you're going to say that Jimmy Page wasn't as good as Al di Miola? It seems snobbish and it's like comparing apples to oranges.

Fair enough. Even outside of jazz vs. rock drummers, there were a lot of progressive rock bands with great drummers that could stand toe to toe with Peart. That was essentially my point to begin with.

he is the tallest guy in the band and so talkative when he visit thailand.

r.i.p. the rev....

when i booked those guys back in 02' he was the one i talked to, really nice and appreciative. i remember him saying "thanks so much for the show and booking my band, thank you."

i didn't care to much for anything after "STST", but give credit where credit is due, he was a phenomenal drummer.