What is a "scene kid"?

jhulud

Guest falloutcollapse
I noticed a few of those at the Minus The Bear show earlier this week...I thought it was kinda odd...had no idea it's a trend now... ::)

Minus the Bear should be off-limits to stupid grindcore kids, minus Stephen (best friend.) I am sporting my MTB shirt as we speak!

Guest falloutcollapse

SMITE SMITE SMITE SMITE. Nah, we'll just see who's laughing when I have the Saves the Day test ;)

It's cool. you'll be sad when I get that bled test press. Oh and my bled record is more limited than your bled record ohhhhh burn!

Let's switch them, I dare you.

Guest falloutcollapse
Look thru circa survives friend page and band pictures on myspace

Ouch, that stings. The bassist has sick mustache! Mustaches are not emo.

Guest falloutcollapse
I posted a myspace blog (yeah! how "scene" of me huh?) and just copied your definition fallout...a friend then in turns comments that it's wrong but I have yet to hear what her definition is...we shall see...

Well, my definition is just what I see around here/at shows/school/downtown. And I'm only 15, so maybe I'm just angry that no matter how feminine these dudes look, they still get more girls than me. Maybe someone in their 20's will think different.

My impression of scene kids as that they think that they are above and better than everyone else when it comes to their music tastes. It doesn't matter if someone like myself likes the same bands, the scene kids "understand" the music more than I do. And also what gets me is that they love bands whose music I may find to be shitty.

I'm all for each person liking bands that I may not like or be into. Whatever. If you enjoy the music and it makes you happy, then so be it. But don't bring an attitude of "well, if you don't like (insert band name here) then you're not cool enough".

Recently I encountered this on the last Poison The Well tour. The End, HeavyHeavy LowLow, and Fear Before The March Of Flames were opening. I found HHLL to be horrendous and could not understand for the life of me why some many of the kids there were going bananas for them. Because I was not enjoying their set..and trust me, I was not...these "scene kids" were all giving me the evil eye...or maybe it's because I was wearing a Shai Hulud t-shirt. Oh well.

The End

fantastic band. cant get enough.

I had never heard of them until that show and I was very impressed with their music. Halfway through their set, the lead singer brought out a tom-tom drum and the bands went into a intrumental jam which was very percussion-heavy. I had never seen something like this at a hardcore/punk/whatever show. It was cool as hell!