Fest Question...

mrc

So it is approaching, and i have a question.

I know they have a vinyl/music/merch flea market during the fest, but how good is it? Huge where ill be dropping mad money? do bands ever have fest pressings?

The reason i ask is because i spent a lot of money lately and dont have much left (and dont get paid until the 1st) and there are a few shows coming up this week and i want to know if i should skip out on the shows (strike anywhere, FATA, Circa Survive, Fear Before the March of Flames) to save for vinyl at the fest?

Let me know

thanks!

kiss of death will have a table full of our releases and our distro stuff. buy buy buy from us!!!

our friend is also going to be doing fest tattoos, so you should get something you'll regret that same weekend too, pref on you neck or hands.

I will stop by for sure. i still need to pick up a couple of missing KOD records for my collection.

i think ill pass on the tattoos... But maybe i can convience my girlfriend to get "DA FALCON" or something stupid tattooed on her knuckles.

I didn't make it to the flea market last year, but I did stop by No Idea when they were having a sale. There was a lot of good stuff there, as well as their discography. They had a bin of all rare things too.

i was kinda let down by the no idea sale actually. the only good thing about it was that you could get anything out of the no idea distro, they'd walk in and grab it for you, but the rare stuff box was kinda lame.

There wasn't a flea market last year, which explains why you didn't stop by it. :)

According to Tony (Fest organizer), there's about 50 vendors signed up for the flea market which will be held in the official Fest 6 hotel (the Holiday Inn). He also said No Idea will be doing their lawn sale from 11-3 on Saturday (but will not be at the flea market).

And yeah, you'll spend as much money as you bring. However, the benefit of the No Idea lawn sale is they'll let you charge stuff.

ok well its official. fuck strike anywhere and all the shows this week, and i may go as far as skipping lunch all this week to save cash for records. Time to bust out the PB&Js and the cup-o-noodles.

And the no idea sale sounds great to me, but not so great for the old mastercard.

Are you a sucker for test presses? If so, might wanna cut your card up now, because Var's gonna have a whole bunch of rarities/test presses for sale (for some pretty retarded prices, too).

The best stupid tattoo I've ever seen was on Connor from Boys Night Out. He's got "look at my knuckles" on his knuckles. It's classic.

is it script over his knickles? because you only have room for 8 letters.

Not if he did it like this:

LOOK ATMY

KNUC KLES

With each column on one knuckle. It's possible.