red sox

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Sox in 5. I would love 6 so they win at home, but I really don't think the Rockies can do it. Look at the teams they beat to get to the World Series: The Cubs and the D-backs, not great clubs by any stretch. I think the Rockies got really swept up in it and are now going to be handed a dose of reality.

how are the cubs and d-backs not great clubs? Look, bad teams do not make the play offs, let alone the world series. Rockies won 21 of 22, bad teams do not do that. Phillies had a huge streak as well. The payroll argument is dumb too, before anyone else tries to bring that up. The Yankee's have almost 4 times larger of a payroll than the Rockies and couldn't make the world series. They got beat by a team whose payroll is 3 times less than theirs. Boston almost lost to someone who had half their payroll. So big money teams doesnt necessarly mean a world series team.

Boston - $143 Million

Yankees - $198 Million

Indians - $61 Million

Angels - $109 Million

Arizona - $52 Million

Phillies - $89 Million

Cubs - $99 Million

Rockies - $54 Million

i miss read your original post, haha, sorry jeff. I think my goal now is to have the lowest karma on here.

i do realize how many almosts there are in sports, but when your team has 3 times the payroll of your opponent, the thought is that you should have no problem with them. The fact that boston almost lost to the indians shows that the rockies have just as good of a chance of beating them too if anyone is gunna try to pull the payroll card.

damnit!!!!!!!!

I thought you were routing for the Sox, why damnit?

I am...big time...I have no idea why I posted this...I was a bit inebriated (shitfaced really...!!!) when I posted it.

Remember kids...friends don't let friends drink and post on message boards.

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by The Juan! ;D

I don't know man, he was like three feet behind the bag. He didn't have a chance.

thats how you're supposed to slide into the base when you steal, with your arm out to tag it. you keep your body away from the bag and slide past it with your arm out to grab it. I wonder if he was going to steal, it almost looked like he was jumping to 2nd as pap turned around