The official VC Horror thread

xfedupx

Guest kingbuzzo
cannibal holocaust anyone.

Really? That's always seemed like the movie every kid who's into horror hears about and gets excited for only to be let down once they watch it. At least that's my experience and the experience of many of my friends.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cannibal holocaust anyone.

Really? That's always seemed like the movie every kid who's into horror hears about and gets excited for only to be let down once they watch it. At least that's my experience and the experience of many of my friends.

Oh ha it was misinterpreted i meant if anyone had seen it?

It sucks that they're remaking let the right one in for us release.

I bet you they'll find someway to ruin it.

By far one of the better vampire movies i have ever seen.

Are they really? I'm glad I saw it when I did then. Next on my Netflix cue are High Tension, REC, and Drag Me To Hell (looks iffy but I heard it was good).

It sucks that they're remaking let the right one in for us release.

I bet you they'll find someway to ruin it.

By far one of the better vampire movies i have ever seen.

Are they really? I'm glad I saw it when I did then. Next on my Netflix cue are High Tension, REC, and Drag Me To Hell (looks iffy but I heard it was good).

Yeah. Check it, http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i7d59466b16c8ffd1bba385d64ff782c7?imw=Y

I was actually about to start watching rec and drag me to hell is actually pretty good.

sidenote: someone should let me borrow 'battle royale'

One of my favorite movies! The sequel isn't half bad either

i hated the sequel, i don't remember it much though, but i loved the first

the book is even better than the movie (i haven't read any of the graphic novels though)

also, Day By Day Armageddon is a great zombie book

Drag Me To Hell (looks iffy but I heard it was good).

I didn't like Drag Me To Hell at all, but I seem to be a minority with that opinion on this board.

I watched Shuttle last night. Not great but not bad either. Good premise and ending, acting was okay, typical stupid characters.

Last night I was trying to figure out a top 10 list of horror from the past decade, as most of my favorites were from the 80's and 90's. It was actually pretty hard for me to decide, but these are some that I came up with...

Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon

House of the Devil

Cabin Fever

Saw

Hatchet

Planet Terror

Madhouse

Feast

The Descent

30 Days of Night

Would have included Shaun of the Dead and Devils Rejects, but I don't think they fit into the genre as well as the ones I listed.

One of my favorite movies! The sequel isn't half bad either

i hated the sequel, i don't remember it much though, but i loved the first

the book is even better than the movie (i haven't read any of the graphic novels though)

also, Day By Day Armageddon is a great zombie book

Day by Day is awesome. Checked out the authors site the other week and he is working on the sequel to it. World War Z and David Wellington's books are also pretty great.

Feast-Been a long time since I watched it, but a lot of crazy/funny shit goes on.I believe there is a Feast II as well.

Big Bad Wolf-A bit slow at times,wolf talks shit to these kids before he kills them. Some funny stuff,gratuitus nudity,HOT chick in a"school girl"outfit!

There's a Feast III, actually. If you're going to watch one of them, you should really make a night out of the entire "trilogy". It's just one long movie, and it gets more and more ridiculous the longer it goes. If you have nothing else to do, though, and you want to sit around with some friends watching a cheesy movie, I highly recommend it.

I haven't seen many horror films lately. I watched Paranormal Activity, which was over hyped and lame. I watched Let The Right One In, which I didn't love.

I dunno. I haven't seen a good horror movie in forever.

Did you watch Paranormal Activity in a theater or alone? If you watched it in a theater, was the crowd really involved with it or just kind of dead?

I have found that your viewing environment completely makes or breaks that movie. I thought the movie was pretty awful, but I watched in a theater full of people who were screaming and scared all to hell. Most of my friends, however, saw it in theaters where the audiences didn't give a shit about, and they ended up hating it. Due to the environment I watched it in, I ended up with a very positive view of the film overall.

Feast-Been a long time since I watched it, but a lot of crazy/funny shit goes on.I believe there is a Feast II as well.

Big Bad Wolf-A bit slow at times,wolf talks shit to these kids before he kills them. Some funny stuff,gratuitus nudity,HOT chick in a"school girl"outfit!

There's a Feast III, actually. If you're going to watch one of them, you should really make a night out of the entire "trilogy". It's just one long movie, and it gets more and more ridiculous the longer it goes. If you have nothing else to do, though, and you want to sit around with some friends watching a cheesy movie, I highly recommend it.

Personally, I'd just stick with the original Feast. The sequels were pretty awful and took away from the charm the first one had.

Personally, I'd just stick with the original Feast. The sequels were pretty awful and took away from the charm the first one had.

Yeah, I know what you mean, but unfortunately the first one sets up the sequel, so if you're like me you want to find out the rest of the story. I definitely agree with you, though. The next two certainly ruins the charm of the first one.

I haven't seen many horror films lately. I watched Paranormal Activity, which was over hyped and lame. I watched Let The Right One In, which I didn't love.

I dunno. I haven't seen a good horror movie in forever.

Did you watch Paranormal Activity in a theater or alone? If you watched it in a theater, was the crowd really involved with it or just kind of dead?

I have found that your viewing environment completely makes or breaks that movie. I thought the movie was pretty awful, but I watched in a theater full of people who were screaming and scared all to hell. Most of my friends, however, saw it in theaters where the audiences didn't give a shit about, and they ended up hating it. Due to the environment I watched it in, I ended up with a very positive view of the film overall.

I saw it at home with the wife. I agree that your viewing environment has a lot to do with the enjoyment of a movie. I saw Signs at the drive-in and thought it was incredibly creepy. I don't think I would have had that same experience in a theater or at home.

Finally watched Trick'R'Treat...thought it was awesome! Definitely a throw back to the old Creepshow movies. Also, I rented Train today...wow. I thought Hostel went overboard with the gore...Train was disgusting.

I kind of want to watch this movie cause I heard it has some pretty sweet action but I heard there's a scene where a dude plows a dead guy's chest cavity. Not really something I want to see.