USPS media mail is pathetic

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my favorite thing about waiting for awesome records to get here is having to wait for a shipment that was shipped in JAN 11 from Vinyl collective....the tracking states that it has left the same the facility five days in a row...are they taking it out in the parking lot, for a walk them bringing it back in...if not here tomrrow, i think i will have to take a stroll down to the wonderful, obviously overworked USPS. what the hell is wrong with the system? haha...sorry had to rant
don't feel to bad pal, in the course of 1 year the USPS "lost" 8 of my packages costing me over $500.00 worth of vinyl. if it is available, i always try to choose UPS or FedEx.

Think 5 days in Iowa is bad? What about 6 days in Cincinnati? My package was from VC too. Oh, and I live in California.

Delivered, January 26, 2010, 7:53 am, SANTA BARBARA, CA 93101

Arrival at Post Office, January 26, 2010, 7:52 am, SANTA BARBARA, CA 93102

Processed through Sort Facility, January 24, 2010, 9:31 pm, BELL, CA 90201

Processed through Sort Facility, January 18, 2010, 12:12 am, CINCINNATI, OH 45235

Processed through Sort Facility, January 14, 2010, 9:56 pm, BELL, CA 90201

Processed through Sort Facility, January 13, 2010, 1:51 am, DENVER, CO 80217

Electronic Shipping Info Received, January 06, 2010

Hahaha, 10 days to get back to where it already was.

Guest lacesout
I choose not to look at the tracking.. I like coming home and seeing a package or two waiting for me after a long day of working. Unless its been really long, then I'll look.

Has anyone else had their Media Mail packages opened by the USPS lately? The last three records I got where checked by the post office. That had never happened before. I don't mind that they're doing it really (in fact, I hope they are like "Whoa, people are still getting these things?"), I'm just curious.

this is my favorite so far:

Detailed Results:

Processed through Sort Facility, January 29, 2010, 12:18 am, CAPITOL HEIGHTS, MD 20790

Processed through Sort Facility, January 28, 2010, 9:52 pm, CAPITOL HEIGHTS, MD 20790

Processed through Sort Facility, January 27, 2010, 6:56 pm, CAPITOL HEIGHTS, MD 20790

Processed through Sort Facility, January 26, 2010, 5:49 pm, CAPITOL HEIGHTS, MD 20790

Processed through Sort Facility, January 25, 2010, 5:21 pm, CAPITOL HEIGHTS, MD 20790

Processed through Sort Facility, January 23, 2010, 5:31 pm, GREENSBORO, NC 27495

Processed through Sort Facility, January 22, 2010, 6:29 am, CAPITOL HEIGHTS, MD 20790

Processed through Sort Facility, January 19, 2010, 3:00 am, DENVER, CO 80217

Electronic Shipping Info Received, January 11, 2010

This is what I'm working with right now. This is as of 2 minutes ago when I checked:

Detailed Results:

Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, January 26, 2010, 12:18 am, BELL, CA 90201

Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, January 25, 2010, 9:30 am, RICHMOND, CA 94804

Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, January 22, 2010, 8:20 pm, DALLAS, TX 75398

Bullet Acceptance, January 20, 2010, 10:35 am, AUSTIN, TX 78704

It's a textbook I NEED by Tuesday.

i'm getting fucked over on a order from suburban home:

Label/Receipt Number: 9102 8052 1390 7853 9906 52

Class: Package Services

Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 18, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. No further information is available for this item.

i'm getting fucked over on a order from suburban home:

Label/Receipt Number: 9102 8052 1390 7853 9906 52

Class: Package Services

Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 18, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. No further information is available for this item.

I have had the tracking site say that before, even after I received that package.

So does USPS deliver media mail on Saturday? I have a package that just arrived at my local post office, but I get all my stuff delivered to me at work and we're closed today. There's also a pretty heavy blizzard right now so I can't go out and check. Do you think they'll just leave it at the door or redeliver on Monday? My work is in a pretty busy shopping center so I hope they do redelivery.

So does USPS deliver media mail on Saturday? I have a package that just arrived at my local post office, but I get all my stuff delivered to me at work and we're closed today. There's also a pretty heavy blizzard right now so I can't go out and check. Do you think they'll just leave it at the door or redeliver on Monday? My work is in a pretty busy shopping center so I hope they do redelivery.

yes they deliver all types of mail on saturdays, and a blizzard won't make a difference because of their oath. as for leaving it outside, that's totally up to the mail man and if he/she knows it's a place of business and it's not open on saturdays. they might hold on to it and try again monday or just leave it outside.

yes they deliver all types of mail on saturdays, and a blizzard won't make a difference because of their oath. as for leaving it outside, that's totally up to the mail man and if he/she knows it's a place of business and it's not open on saturdays. they might hold on to it and try again monday or just leave it outside.

Ah thanks for the info. Our mailman is pretty nice and we bullshit whenever he comes around, so I'm sure he'll redeliver on Monday.

Think 5 days in Iowa is bad? What about 6 days in Cincinnati? My package was from VC too. Oh, and I live in California.

Delivered, January 26, 2010, 7:53 am, SANTA BARBARA, CA 93101

Arrival at Post Office, January 26, 2010, 7:52 am, SANTA BARBARA, CA 93102

Processed through Sort Facility, January 24, 2010, 9:31 pm, BELL, CA 90201

Processed through Sort Facility, January 18, 2010, 12:12 am, CINCINNATI, OH 45235

Processed through Sort Facility, January 14, 2010, 9:56 pm, BELL, CA 90201

Processed through Sort Facility, January 13, 2010, 1:51 am, DENVER, CO 80217

Electronic Shipping Info Received, January 06, 2010

Hahaha, 10 days to get back to where it already was.

ur from SB?