The Office has stopped filming???

If they cross the picket lines they'll be looked down upon by the Union -- what's the term? I forget, it's not "scab" is it? That's someone who goes to work in replace correct?

A 'scab' is a non-union member who comes in to replace the workers in the strike. I'm not sure what the word is for a union member that crosses the picket line to work during a strike.

According to Wikipedia (far from an authoritative source):
A strikebreaker, or scab, is a person who works despite ongoing strike action.

That would seem to mean regardless of previous union stance you're a scab if you break the picket lines to work.

You're probably right, I just assumed there would be another word to specifically describe union workers who cross picket lines to go to work. If replacing a striking worker deserves its own word, I assumed that turning your back on your fellow union members would demand its own, harsher word to describe it. Anyways, it doesn't really matter. haha

According to Wikipedia (far from an authoritative source):
A strikebreaker, or scab, is a person who works despite ongoing strike action.

That would seem to mean regardless of previous union stance you're a scab if you break the picket lines to work.

From what I know from watching Newsies, that is correct.

You're probably right, I just assumed there would be another word to specifically describe union workers who cross picket lines to go to work. If replacing a striking worker deserves its own word, I assumed that turning your back on your fellow union members would demand its own, harsher word to describe it. Anyways, it doesn't really matter. haha

I think the word you'd be looking for there would be asshole. :)

Touche. haha

I was going to say "traitor" but that works, too.

Guest falloutcollapse

Description for tonight:

When Ryan excludes him from a wilderness retreat, Michael goes into the woods for his own survival adventure; Jim tries to revolutionize the office birthday party.

Epic?

tonights episode wasn't that great, especially compared to the last couple of weeks. it did have it's moments though; michael altering his pants every scene was hilarious.

Worst episode of The Office....EVER!!!

I don't think it was the "worst," it just didn't have that something the show usually has. Not to mention I would've liked to see a bit more of Michael/Dwight in the wild -- this episode actually felt rushed (I know, I'm a hypocrite since I was against the hour-long ones).