No Job thread.

Not having a job at nineteen(turning twenty Saturday) blows.

Means a lot of time to do whatever, Which for me usually consists of working out, working on songs, trading in the last of my dvd's for vinyl money ha, or just plain bummin it.

What do you all do in the spare time given?

Applies to both people who work and those who dont.

i havent had a job for the last 5 weeks but at least you are only 19 and probably still live with your parents, and have little to no bills.

Im almost 29, with a mortgage, a fiance that is in school and only has a part time job.

Hopefully i can land something soon. I have a promising lead for a job but its out of town.

EDIT: my spare time is working on freelance projects that dont pay dick, and trying to get my freelance service up and running so i can try and start pitching myself to businesses to get some income.

Other than that, i listen to records, go out to lunch with friends that will pay for me and read up on advertising blogs, marketing book and anything else that can help my career. I also dick around on the internet and watch everything that is on vbs.tv, and find shit to sell on ebay.

I'm 27 and don't have a job, though I quit it to go to school. So that's what I do all day, hah.

I was working weekends at Office Depot while going to school full time, but decided in the name of school, peace of mind, and gigs to quit last year after earning about $1200 haha.

I worked at a great job for 3 years. Got layed off in October. Been jobless ever since. I am 24 years old and had to move to the midwest to live with my parents because i ran out of money fast. Luckily, i collect unemployment, which is about what most of my friends who work full time make.

To pass the time during the day i go to the gym, read comic books, play guitar, post on here, listen to records and smoke weed.

Sometimes I wonder if making my shitty wages at Starbucks and all the stress that goes along with it is worth making only a little more than I would have been making from unemployment from my last job.

Ugh. I need a new job so bad. I'm hardly getting the hours I need because of school and my internship. I'm so exhausted by the end of the day doing what needs to get done that I come home fiddle on the internet for a bit and pass out. Once in a while i get to drink a shit ton.

And I kind of like spending most of my free time with my new boy (whatever the grey area is between friend and boyfriend when you're dating. I don't know what to call it). He pretty much has been the only thing keeping me sane as of late.

Sometimes I wonder if making my shitty wages at Starbucks and all the stress that goes along with it is worth making only a little more than I would have been making from unemployment from my last job.

Ugh. I need a new job so bad. I'm hardly getting the hours I need because of school and my internship. I'm so exhausted by the end of the day doing what needs to get done that I come home fiddle on the internet for a bit and pass out. Once in a while i get to drink a shit ton.

And I kind of like spending most of my free time with my new boy (whatever the grey area is between friend and boyfriend when you're dating. I don't know what to call it). He pretty much has been the only thing keeping me sane as of late.

i like to describe it as "fake girlfriend"

I moved to California for 2 & 1/2 months to visit my brother after I got fired. I moved back about a month ago and can't find a job anywhere. I've been unemployed since the end of October. It's been driving me crazy. I thought the post-grad life would be better than this.

So to keep sane, I've picked up exercising, trying to actually play the guitar/bass, watching as many movies as I can, wishing I could play records without ruining them and rearranging my living space.

I sure hope the economy picks up. It seems that I as well as many others need more record money.

• 4 weeks later...