weakerthans-live LP

xgrantx

I hope I get a red one.

After shipping, $32 isn't really THAT bad for a double LP, a 7" and a dvd. It's only money, right?

Just download City Route 85. So good. Then again, I could be excited to listen to John K. Samson sing lines from a fast-food employee training manual.

• 4 weeks later...

Those pics look really nice, but I can't explain how disappointed I am in this record. I really like the band and all of the studio records. Live it just sounds so boring and "adult contemporary". John's voice actually gets to me on this one too for some reason. The topper is in one of the ending songs John says "here is so-and-so, he's from Mexico! he's going to play us a guitar solo!". The guy goes on to play like a full minute of completely awful and off-key guitar work, totally unlistenable. It feels like there's an inside joke that I'm not getting, otherwise it would have been cut. Anyways, great band, not that good of record imo.

The topper is in one of the ending songs John says "here is so-and-so, he's from Mexico! he's going to play us a guitar solo!". The guy goes on to play like a full minute of completely awful and off-key guitar work, totally unlistenable. It feels like there's an inside joke that I'm not getting, otherwise it would have been cut. Anyways, great band, not that good of record imo.

I think they brought some one up to play a "solo" at every date on the last tour.

Yeah they were still doing the 'get a fan up on stage to play a solo' bit in February when they toured here.

They were selling the cd/dvd package too. I picked it up and actually enjoyed the audio, but the dvd is atrocious, looks like its filmed and edited by children.

I was pretty disappointed with it and probably won't bother with the vinyl.