what are your political beliefs?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. I'm not registered to any party at all. I just exist as a voter and vote for candidates I most strongly relate to.

Take this though!

http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Some of the questions were kind of unfair, but I ended up in the lower right quadrant - with my man Milton Friedman.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/printablegraph?ec=5.88&soc=-5.08

I didn't like some of them either, particularly the questions that included "some", but what did you not like about them?

The "some" questions could be tricky, and I think there were some instances where terms were kind of muddied together:

"There are no savage and civilised peoples; there are only different cultures."

People ≠ Culture

That might not be the best example, but it stuck out looking back.

i guess you could say I fall in the anarchist camp as well. I don't really subscribe to any "anarcho-[insert whatever]" though. I like a little of everything.

I too fall into that view as well but I tend to want to really support the labor movement. The book I give my friends to read if they ask about my political views is What is Anarchism? (also known as "What is Communist Anarchism?" or "ABC of Anarchism") by Alexander Berkman. I think he explains the ideal very well without being overly wordy. I prefer the writings of Peter Kropotkin. His writings aren't very introductory though.