Has Coheed & Cambria officially sold out?

jhulud

The back-up singers did add to the harmonies and chorus of the songs...but it was still so odd to see...having seen Coheed numerous time before and juts being the 4 members, this was something that I couldn't get my mind around.

Clutch was good. They were full-on. They sounded great and the crowd was very receptive to them.

Wish I could say the same for Fall of Troy. Their set was good and thankfully they played songs mostly from 'Doppelganger' but the majority of the crowd didn't know what to think. I guess most of the people there had not heard of them.

back up singers isn't selling out. changing your musical style to make more money is selling out. coheed has been progressively getting more and more musically ridiculous since day 1.

however every song still sounds exactly the same to me. how many "whoa oh ohs" can you have in your songs before people get the idea? silent earth was the last good one as far as im concerned

back up singers isn't selling out. changing your musical style to make more money is selling out. coheed has been progressively getting more and more musically ridiculous since day 1.

I was being facetious with the whole "selling out" by getting back-up singers thing...

Even though I am a fan of the band, they have been getting musically ridiculous with each album. Too over the top.

the new one still has some killer jams on it. i agree that in keeping secrets is their best work, that album slays front to back. there's a good amount of stuff on good apollo 1 that i also like, and i'd say about half of good apollo 2 i can get into, but some of it is just way too ridiculous.

They've got their songs for sure but I always think Rush when I hear them.

Maybe like a broke-ass Rush.

Well honestly its just the pitch of his voice that makes me think of Rush. That and I'm not a huge Rush fan so its not hard for that to be the only thing I think of when I think Rush.

unless it's wilco or fugazi, i think i would get bored seeing ANYONE play for 2 hours.

I've seen two bands play for that long. First was Metallica and I was totally entertained. Now their songs are also long so that helps with the two hour thing. Second was the Eagles. I went with my mom and I think sitting down the entire time probably lessened any possibility of boredom but they were good. They played something like 3 hours with a 15 minute intermission.