Where do you/ did you go to college?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

University of Chicago Law School, 2011

Oof. Can't hang with their law and economics focus.

I agree with the econ part. The University of Chicago's econ department is ground zero for neoliberal policy and is responsible for some pretty reprehensible structural programs in the developing world. Milton Friedman was a douchebag first class.

University of Chicago Law School, 2011

I agree with the econ part. The University of Chicago's econ department is ground zero for neoliberal policy and is responsible for some pretty reprehensible structural programs in the developing world. Milton Friedman was a douchebag first class.

[image]

"Law and economics" is actually a term that represents a strand of legal thinking.

Basic outline here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_and_economics

"Law and economics" is actually a term that represents a strand of legal thinking.

Basic outline here:

So where'd you go themean?

Basic outline here:

Haha, I thought you were referring to the Chicago econ department, which is either famous or infamous, depending on your political inclination.

Basic outline here:

Haha, I thought you were referring to the Chicago econ department, which is either famous or infamous, depending on your political inclination.

While I'm not familiar with the U Chicago econ department, I would imagine it is in line with the law school.

Penn Law graduate.

Very nice. What kind of law are you practicing (are you practicing law?)?

I work in a legal aid office providing legal services in civil cases to low income clients. Lots of foreclosure defense over the last couple years, but still lots of collection defense, eviction defense, suing used car dealers, custody, and domestic violence cases as well.

What are you going to do with your JD?

University of North Florida

Umm...swoop? (did they do that in '04?)

Graduated in '08 with a BFA in Graphic Design.

The classes are pretty good but most of my classmates are too goddamn trendy for their own good.

I had the same issue within my major. There were some pretty awesome people within the art program outside of the GD program. Classmates were fine to be in class with, but most of them annoyed me too much to try to hang out at all.

[image]

I wanted to go there for a MA in Economics until I decided I'd rather teach. :-/

I don't know why, I read Friedman in a few classes and didn't agree so much.

Sidenote: One of my professors in a globalization course was SUPER-left leaning and Canadian, and he did a lecture on the globalization of music, showing how punk developed and what influences it took. It was pretty cool.

Very nice. What kind of law are you practicing (are you practicing law?)?

I work in a legal aid office providing legal services in civil cases to low income clients. Lots of foreclosure defense over the last couple years, but still lots of collection defense, eviction defense, suing used car dealers, custody, and domestic violence cases as well.

What are you going to do with your JD?

Not sure yet. I will probably do corporate law or litigation at a firm. I am hoping to teach at some point in the future.

I am thinking about getting a PhD (in political science), but I am not sure if I can handle that much more school.