Show Report: Brand New @ Fillmore in Miami

jhulud

Just got back from the Brand New, Thrice, mewithoutYou show in Miami Beach at the Fillmore Theater. Small venue. I think it holds about 2,000 or so. For this how they opened the front three sections and put them down as "pit"...it was kinda nice because there was plenty of room.

mewithoutYou - Never heard any of their stuff before and was not impressed whatsoever. I found the music boring and unfocused. The lead singer was a spazz and seemed to be trying too hard to be "wacky" and have some sort of stage presence. Not for me.

Thrice - Awesome as always. They played mostly songs off 'Alchemy Index' and 'Vheissu'...they did bust out "Deadbolt" as their set closer and Dustin prefaced by saying "this is a song for our longtime fans"...

Brand New - Great set and they had what seemed like a thousand people on stage. Two drummers, three guitarists (inc. Jesse), and bass...It was odd to see more people than usual. I do not know who the additional players are...Jesse seemed to be in a good mood as he was thanking people quite a bit and even introduced a few of the songs...

Set list:

Limousine

Welcome To Bangkok

Not The Sun

Archers

No Seatbelt Song

The Shower Scene

Good To Know That If I Ever Need Attention All I Have To Do Is Die

Luca

Sowing Season

Millstone

Okay I Believe You, But My Tommy Gun Don't

Tautou

You Won't Know

Degausser

Jesus Christ

Encore:

Unknown Instrumental

Merch was nothing outstanding. Usual t-shirts and whatnot. The tour posters were gone within minutes and I wasn't able to get one... :(...I asked the merch guy about any copies of Deja Entendu vinyl...he said they had already run out of the ones they were given...

As typical South Florida concert crowds, they sucked...I was surrounded by 14-year olds and fat chicks...I guess Fall Out Boy doesn't have a monopoly on that demographic.

I'm still on the fence about driving to Orlando for their shows up there this weekend.

I'm just glad that the drive to and from Miami was over...it sucked...big time...