Photo: JAWBREAKER "Unfun" LP

Guest admin1338560633

Contacted Midheaven... note that LP is no longer available thru their site, sold out. Dave from Midheaven commented on the color variations and that copies sent from their distro is clear... green is a Hot Topic exclusive in which "they have nothing to do with", which is odd that one comment above stated they ordered and received a green one (where did they order from)?

Also contacted Hot Topic over the phone as the stores do not carry the LP format (CD only)/website does not have a link to purchase the LP either, although the website states that the CD & LP is an "upcoming release", in which the CS manager stated none of their stores have the LP in stock, but may be carrying it in the near future... ??? and that they have no further info as to if or when they will be stocking the LP format.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contacted Midheaven... note that LP is no longer available thru their site, sold out. Dave from Midheaven commented on the color variations and that copies sent from their distro is clear... green is a Hot Topic exclusive in which "they have nothing to do with", which is odd that one comment above stated they ordered and received a green one (where did they order from)?

Also contacted Hot Topic over the phone as the stores do not carry the LP format (CD only)/website does not have a link to purchase the LP either, although the website states that the CD & LP is an "upcoming release", in which the CS manager stated none of their stores have the LP in stock, but may be carrying it in the near future... ??? and that they have no further info as to if or when they will be stocking the LP format.

Funny, I ordered from Midheaven and got a green one.

Ok so the HT stores that are getting these in about the western 1/3 of the country should have them already or will have them very very soon. HT stores getting these that are in the other 2/3 of the country dont seem to have them yet but those should be sent out soon.

They WILL be up on HT.com, I just dont know when yet.

So they are on their way, just start keeping an eye out if you want to pick one up from HT.

I just grabbed a clear copy in a store. Spinning it now. Sounds great, but not really any different than my original press.

really? you can't tell an immediate difference? i was counting on this when I ordered my copy..

I didn't play them side by side, but there wasn't anything noticeable right off the bat. I guess the drums sound a little cleaner. I'll have to give it a few more listens, but it wasn't anything too dramatic.

I like the sound of it - some nice tweaks, but nothing too overblown or out of proportion. Seems like that was basically the intention with remaster:

'GR: Is the sound much different than the original pressing? Is it as drastic as, say, The Beatles being redone?

AP: It's not too noticeable unless you really know that record. It sounds more colorful--if that makes sense. The mids are more in there and I pulled back on the high end a bit. Anyway, it sounds rad.'

http://www.giantrobot.com/blogs/martin/2010/03/adam-pfahler-on-unfun.html

• 2 weeks later...