Why do good shows get booked on the same night?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no, deseil was Nick's Fat City in Southside across from the Rex Theatre. Why?

Oh, I guess I'm way off. I used to go to shows in Pittsburgh constantly but I'd only been to Metropol once. It was weird because it's obviously a gigantic nightclub. I went to Diesel's website and, well, it looked very much like I remembered Metropol. So this place is in the area sorta kinda by the Brew House? I'm very unfamiliar with that part of town, I obviously assumed Diesel was in the strip

im just saying, OP!!! at the soggy dog house on 12/09. you better be there. OR ELSE.

Fucking for real? Goddamnit! There's already two other shows that night (The Starting Line [fuck you, I like them] and Straylight Run/The Color Fred/Dear And The Headlights [fuck you, I like the latter two bands]).

im just saying, OP!!! at the soggy dog house on 12/09. you better be there. OR ELSE.

Fucking for real? Goddamnit! There's already two other shows that night (The Starting Line [fuck you, I like them] and Straylight Run/The Color Fred/Dear And The Headlights [fuck you, I like the latter two bands]).

not to lure you away from OP!!!, but that straylight show was really good last night...even the color fred surprised me and i didnt really like their album

Guest falloutcollapse

Voted Chuck, but any word on if ETID/Dillinger is coming to Chicago? I'd make it out, I have a friend that loves Killswitch (unfortunately)

January 29, 2008, will be a day that will live in infamy in Cleveland. For that day, two separate tours will enter the city limits -- but only one will receive my presence (maybe; I'm still deciding if I can hit both up in the same night).

Should I go to Chuck Ragan (of Hot Water Music)/Ben Nichols (of Lucero)/Josh English (of Six Going On Seven) at the Grog Shop?

Or should I go to Killswitch Engage/Every Time I Die/Dillinger Escape Plan/Parkway Drive at the House Of Blues?

There can be only one. So cast those votes!

Killswitch is washed up.

ETID, ugh.

DEP = oz fest jock metal.

parkway drive = terrible name, can't be that good of a band.

edit: Killswitch was amazing when they had their original singer.

Guest kingbuzzo

I'm up for that. I don't have a whole lot of experience in Cleveland except for the Gund (The Q), Jacob's Field and the various venues. I got turned around backwards for a while after J.E.W. at the House of Blues.

DEP = oz fest jock metal.

Your opinion officially no longer counts in musical discussions. To not like Dillinger, that's fine. But to label them "oz fest [sp] jock metal?" That's just ignorant.

that's fine.

...but what doesn't change is that Chuck is going to blow all those (at this point) pretty lame metal bads away with just an acoustic guitar and a handful of harmonicas.