Pressing Info: THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM American Slang

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

As you more than likely know, The Gaslight Anthem are gearing up to release their follow-up to The 59 Sound, an album that was one of my favorites of 2008. The album is called "American Slang" and our friends at Side One Dummy have been so kind to have us involved with the pressing of the album on vinyl. The album will be in stores on June 15th, but on Tuesday, April 27th, we will be posting the pre-order for the album. While we have in the past posted pre-orders at a certain time, we can only say that the pre-order will be posted on Tuesday. We will again have an exclusive color, as will Side One Dummy, and No Idea Records. In addition to the 3 exclusive colors, there will be a European Pressing as well as a pressing on 180 gram black vinyl. The pressing numbers and variants will be as follows:

Vinyl Collective Exclusive Color - 500 on Dip Half Black/Half Cover Green (White Splatter on Cover Green side)

No Idea Exclusive Color - 500 on Dip Half Black/Half White (Cover Green Splatter on White side)

Side One Dummy Exclusive Color - 500 on 180 Gram, closest shade of Gray match the cover art

European Pressing - 1000 on 180 Gram Green Vinyl (not necessarily exclusive to any one retailer)

180 Gram Black Vinyl Pressing - There will be a 180 Gram Vinyl Pressing along with the above, once the colored variants sell out, all future represses will be on 180 Gram Black Vinyl.

We at Vinyl Collective will have our exclusive color and copies on 180 gram black vinyl. Side One Dummy will be offering a T-shirt/vinyl bundle for $15.00.

For those of you who were around for our pre-order of The 59 Sound will know that this was one of the craziest pre-orders, we have ever had. We posted 500 copies on white and they sold out in 42 minutes. The traffic to the Side One Dummy store for their exclusive color on blue killed their online store so they had us post the pre-order on Blue vinyl the next day and we sold the 1,000 copies in a little under 2 weeks. We sold nearly 2,000 copies before the album's street date and helped contribute to their first week soundscan of 10,000 copies.

So much has happened for the Gaslight Anthem since the release of The 59 Sound and we are all excited for the release of American Slang. I have been listening to the album a lot and am as impressed as I was when I heard the 59 Sound. I might say I am more impressed as it is so hard to follow-up such a big record and I think the guys delivered in every way. What are your thoughts on the new record?

One last thing, we will be doing a test pressing contest for "American Slang", we will actually have 2 test pressings that will be awarded. Good luck. See you all on Tuesday.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Admin
Vinyl Collective Exclusive Color - 500 on Dip Half Black/Half Cover Green (White Splatter on Cover Green side)

I'm assuming that's a typo?

Edit - Never mind. I think I might've gotten it. Just very confusing.

I was confused, too; it will be a pressing on half black/half green, but there will also be white splatter on the green half of the record. I have never seen anything like this so it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Nerdy pressing info for those wondering - Pirates Press will be handling the pressing of the No Idea and VC exclusive colors and Rainbo Records will be handling the pressings on 180 gram Grey and 180 gram black.

Guest Admin
anyone know when side one or no idea will be putting up preorders? same time?

I know that Side One will have their pre-order up on Tuesday but not sure what time. I can only assume the same for No Idea. Var might be able to chime in.