NO IDEA GAS ANT

i don't care. but it's funny seeing so many people whining and stressing over whether they get a colored one or not.

I can see you not getting it because its "not your thing." But photographer is. So lets say, for instance, you lost out on a sweet auction to get a lens you really wanted badly just because you woke-up 10 minutes late. You'd be bummed, no? Its the same deal for people who like collecting all the colors. Sure, their attitude about vinyl might not be the same as yours but its their deal and their money. Who is anyone to tell them they're wrong for investing their money in 5 Gaslight records?

I know you're cool so you're not doing much but wondering aloud but I'm just saying, everyone has their thing.

i can see how people could become variant collectors and why they'd want to. i just made a comment because all day 3 threads about this record and the preorder were at the top of the page and most of them consisted of people getting their panties in a bunch.

i don't think they're wrong at all, i just made a sarcastic remark (which so many people do on a daily basis on here, which is what makes this board such a decent way to pass the time), and got ganged up on for some reason. i didn't intend to start some argument or imply that i don't care at all about what color something is. personally, i like when the color matches the artwork (because i'm into art and photography). i'll pass on a rarer variant if i like another color (or black) better.

like you said; to each their own.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotcha, well hey -- listen... i have a copy of that if these trees could talk s/t lp on black and you have it on color. but boy i sure would like that colored copy. i bet you'd be just the person to do a straight trade on that since afterall, they do sound the same. let me know if youre interested.

that record was a gift from someone, so no thanks.

oh, come on now. you're not suggesting you have an emotional attachment to the color of a certain record, are you? thats just silly!

oh, come on now. you're not suggesting you have an emotional attachment to the color of a certain record, are you? thats just silly!

i'll have you know that orange and i have been bffs practically our whole lives. and blue is like a brother to me!

I just think she was referring to a certain aesthetic that she likes having the vinyl color match the artwork

I just think she was referring to a certain aesthetic that she likes having the vinyl color match the artwork

i do like it when the color matches the artwork, that's true. also, with that particular album, not that it's really relevant, but i was supposed to see them play but had a huge fight with my then-boyfriend and didn't make it to the show. the band stayed at my friends house in philly the next night, and he bought that record for me (and the tour version of the gifts from enola record) to cheer me up cuz i missed them when they played my city.

I think this is all kind of silly

of course all records sound the same, me personally i dont go for variants or multiple copies of anything, but I would prefer to pick up the rarer or colored copy if all possible, if I miss it its not a huge deal but I like the anticipation of waiting for a preorder and picking up a copy quick, maybe I just need to get out more

Hard to take a post like this seriously after checking out all the multiple copies of records you've got on your list.

It's not even like the dude was really complaining; He just said he was bummed. If there's a limited copy of a record I really want and I miss it, I'm a bit bummed. It's not the end of the world, but it's still a bummer. I think everybody knows they sound the same, but that has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Unless, of course, you weren't being sarcastic in your post, and in this case the black vinyl really is inferior. If that's the case, disregard this post.

really?

i've literally purchased more than one color of a record maybe three times in my life; the other doubles were gifts. i think that pales in comparison to the majority of people on here.

it irks me a little that there's 8 pages consisting mostly of people getting their panties in a twist about which color they're getting and if they get a color at all.

sounds like you need a little more to do in your life than get irked about whether people like color over black vinyl. its their money to do what they want with, how can it possibly affect your life to know someone you dont know and will never meet prefers to have color vinyl.