When you were a kid....

professional baseball player

this is what i wanted to do too. i got as high as D-I in college and got pretty much no looks fro pro scouts.

i'll never understand how scouting works. a high school teammate of mine was getting scouted by a few pro teams, got drafted out of high school but opted to go to college. he obviously got a scholarship to go D-I and i wound up transfering from JUCO to the same school after my sophomore year. he was obviously still on pro scouts' radars and got drafted his junior year of college and signed. all the while not one scout asked about anyone else on our team, in high school or college.

professional baseball player

this is what i wanted to do too. i got as high as D-I in college and got pretty much no looks fro pro scouts.

i'll never understand how scouting works. a high school teammate of mine was getting scouted by a few pro teams, got drafted out of high school but opted to go to college. he obviously got a scholarship to go D-I and i wound up transfering from JUCO to the same school after my sophomore year. he was obviously still on pro scouts' radars and got drafted his junior year of college and signed. all the while not one scout asked about anyone else on our team, in high school or college.

Yea I had a few kids on my highschool team that got drafted. They were definitely the 2 best players. Neither of them really went anywhere tho. One had Tommy John surgery within the last couple years after playing in the A's farm system. I dont think he really did much after that.

I gave up on baseball my senior year cause my coach was an idiot and I got sick of him and I just felt like I was wasting my time going out there every day. Really dumb decision on my part cause a few kids who I was much better than on my HS team who stuck with it at least got to play in college and I would have liked to at least done that. Oh well.

I don't rememeber, I don't think I had any direction. At times I thought I might want to be an architect but only because my dad and his dad both were. They're also both assholes. I don't talk to either. I was never actually interested in architecture though.

I wanted to be a hockey player but never really put the effort in. I mean, I guess I am a hockey player, but not pro.

I drew so maybe I thought I'd be an artist, but not really.

The first REAL thing I thought I'd be was an investment banker. Then I visited a whole bunch of companies and banks and firms on a bunch of seminars and I realized how terribly petty, selfish, and fucked up a lot of that is.

So now I'm a teacher, and I can't think of anything else I'd rather be. Except a goddamn NHL player, which is never going to happen.