Im Dumb and need cell phone addvice

mrc

So i have been on a Tmobile no contract plan for a while now. I really want to upgrade to an Android/smartphone to help me stay ontop of my freelance business.

Because of my no contract plan, i cant get any discounts on phones and i have never really cared about having a fancy phone until now.

I am not really interested in changing providers because it seems like tmobile offers the cheapest plans for what i get. My fiance and i both have unlimited mins and texts for about 100 bucks a month + taxes/fees.

Since i dont get a discounted phone i am looking for some places that have deals on phones and that is legit/reliable.

I guarantee i know the least about phones on this board, so any advice on where to look would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Also anyone have any experience with the Mytouch or Cliq? is there any other phones i should consider checking out?

If you don't mind me asking, what does your bill come to after all taxes and fees? I ask because you may be able to get as good of a deal somewhere else. My wife and I are on AT&T, and pay $180 a month total. That's unlimited messages (text and media) and unlimited data (we both have iphones). We have the lowest amount of minutes, but it's still unlimited nights/weekends/mobile to mobile, and we have literally never even half of our minutes (we currently have 4044 untouched rollover minutes). It might be a better option for you if you're upgrading to a smartphone.

after taxes/fees its $118.21 and the data plan would be an additional 24.99 a month.

Well, i need the unlimited mins because i found that since i started working freelance i talk alot, and

i blew through my 1000 mins pretty quickly and wound up with a $225 phone bill the first month. Plus 90% of my mins are used from 9a-6p

My girl doesnt talk to much so she probably wouldnt need it. she is much more into texting.

Nexus One is $530 off contract. I don't think that would be "saving money".

I'm pretty sure any GSM phone works on T-Mobile, though I believe it'd have to be unlocked or T-Mobile branded. I don't know much about the prices for other phones off contract, but I think some BlackBerrys are relatively cheap and would have the tools needed to stay on top of your work.

Of course, in regards to your actual question, I really don't know of a place online to buy them cheaper/legit. You can sometimes buy them off of eBay for cheap, though I know one friend of mine bought a stolen phone and ended up SOL. (Though I've had many other friends do just fine buying phones off of eBay)

Nexus One is $530 off contract. I don't think that would be "saving money".

I'm pretty sure any GSM phone works on T-Mobile, though I believe it'd have to be unlocked or T-Mobile branded. I don't know much about the prices for other phones off contract, but I think some BlackBerrys are relatively cheap and would have the tools needed to stay on top of your work.

Of course, in regards to your actual question, I really don't know of a place online to buy them cheaper/legit. You can sometimes buy them off of eBay for cheap, though I know one friend of mine bought a stolen phone and ended up SOL. (Though I've had many other friends do just fine buying phones off of eBay)

I meant save up some money, sorry!

Don't waste money on old outdated phones if you want to stay current. Get a phone that has some apps that might even help your freelancing.

I keep telling my friends, you're paying so much for these crappy phones that do nothing. I'm paying a decent chunk of change for my iPhone, but I can do soooo much more!