Vinyl Junkie Distro

i tried to call titus the other day cuz one of the dudes in towers said steve init said titus was getting married or having a kid or something.

some lady answered and hes obviously changed his phone number, sketch

i heard that he was getting married. apparently titus' sister told the ladies at the postoffice here who then asked me if i had talked to him lately or heard he was getting married.

If the record not coming in a poly bag is a big deal, you are bound to be disappointed a lot.

Ordered a few times, always great

Yeah I was disappointed and anyone would be if the record's not packed very tight and constantly rubs back and forth on the inside of the mailer roughing it up and added with the seam splits.

Bad. Bought an original black pressing of Death Cab's Something About Airplanes for $30 + $5 shipping. Didn't come with a clear poly bag for the jacket, jacket seemed roughed up during shipping, and the record was left in the jacket during shipping as all 3 side of the jacket came with 2 in. seam splits. Either there were seam splits to the jacket before shipping, which wasn't disclosed in the item description, or shipping/handling was just careless/sloppy. With that said, he does have a large inventory, something for everyone.

You know there's an option at the end of your order that allows you to add any comments on how you want the items shipped? Yeah. I use that to say "please ship the vinyl outside of the jacket, if you can!"

Simply add that little note.

I've ordered a few times. He usually ships about a week and a half after you order, though, sometimes more. But great prices, great inventory, gives discount codes every once in a while. Solid dude.

I know, and I probably should have, but I thought it was pretty common practice to place the record outside the jacket in the back side of the poly bag for shipping. Almost every individual seller I've dealt with does this (eg: gemm seller Dienasty) already and thought it didn't even need to be addressed. For rare releases he's very modest price wise, but mine just didn't come as described or as well of condition as I would have thought for the price I paid.

thanks for the nice words everybody. i try to do the best i can. Ive been working on trying to get the shipping a little faster, and lately ive had it down to shipping in about a week or so.

My problem is that the distro is getting too big for one person at this point. But unfortunately its not big enough to start hiring additional people (that and i dont want to raise prices to cover payroll or anything). So its sort of stuck in a middle ground, and i dont want to run into problems like so many other distros.....ahem.....where they expand and start paying a lot of people, and then have so high of overhead they cant pay the bands and labels and kids that they owe. thats not a position i EVER want to be in.

If anyone in the houston area, or anyone travelling through houston ever wants to come over and..."intern", i would love the help. Come over and help package up stuff and ill pay you in some records or burritos or something.

as for the getting a hold of me thing....ive found that most people who complain im hard to get a hold of are people who dont try to get a hold of the distro. They will PM me on some board i spam about updates maybe once a month, and expect me to respond to them immediately.

As always, if you need to get a hold of the DISTRO, please contact the DISTRO directly. you can use the ask a question form on vinyljunkiedistro.com or you can email me directly at info at vinyljunkiedistro dot com the people who email me directly find im very responsive.

anyone/everyone is always welcome to go through my "stock" in person and hang out, but yeah, block out a good 6-8 hours of your day for it. maybe more if you actually take time to take records out, look at them and inserts, listen to them, etc.

and yes, servo i have a houston number now that i moved so its different. and yes i did get married. to bryana.

definitely. I am all for people coming over to hang out and buy records. itll save you shipping costs. and maybe youll find some other stuff you want in the other bins i have.

You can flip through my stuff if you want, or just stop by and pick up an order. or hang and play video games and eat pizza or whatever. Im out off the beltway and westheimer on the west side.