Advice on bikes

I mean this is just me but it as long as you don't plan on riding trails (mountain bikes)

I would go with a road bike. If you are planning on using it for longer distances I wouldn't want to be lugging along on a beach cruiser.

i'd say $300-$500 is a good budget and if you really keep you're eyes peeled you could find a nice used road bike for $300.

Surly Steamroller frame (surlybikes.com) and Paul Components crank (paulcomp.com), chainkeeper and related single speed equipment. You simply can't buy better parts than Paul's, and the Surly is a super cheap, high-quality steel bike. White Industries (whiteind.com) also makes a rad crank and chainring with a built in chain guard. I can't attest to the quality of White's stuff, but some people love it. I have Paul components on all my bikes, none of which are fixed-gear bikes, and I love his stuff. It's not cheap though.

Depending on how big you are, I have the perfect frame: a vintage 1983 Trek 720. It was handmade in the USA back before Trek got huge. It's made of Reynolds 531 Steel, which is widely recognized to be one of the lightest, strongest and most vibration-resistant tube sets ever created. I'll make you a great deal. I also have a nice set of vintage rims with Campy hubs.

I ride a fixed gear and I love it. Also I'm not a hipster. Don't not do something just cause some jackass is into it as well. That said fixies aren't practicle for most people but if you already ride a lot and are into getting one than you should. It's a ton of fun and I'm a way stronger and faster rider now that I ride one.

I had mine built by Mission Bicycle out of San Francisco www.missionbicycle.com

they will either build the whole bike for you or you can just order the frame set and build your own.

Advice. no matter how good you are on a fixie get a front break. It gives you that extra stopping power to help avoid any emergencies, helps a ton on days that you are feeling tired and if you get in a wreck without one you are liable even if it wasn't your fault.

Depending on how big you are, I have the perfect frame: a vintage 1983 Trek 720. It was handmade in the USA back before Trek got huge. It's made of Reynolds 531 Steel, which is widely recognized to be one of the lightest, strongest and most vibration-resistant tube sets ever created. I'll make you a great deal. I also have a nice set of vintage rims with Campy hubs.
What size is this ;D

What size is this ;D

It's a 56cm. I ride a 50 and was using this as my road bike for about a year. finally broke down and had a frame custom built. But my custom frame is based on the geometry of this bike.