A rant about a coworker friend

I work at an ice rink. It's easy as shit. Somehow, by apparently not being retarded, I became a manager pretty quickly. There isn't a hard job in the whole Town Parks department, let alone the rink, BUT...

This fucking girl I work with, my friend, is the laziest person I've ever seen at any job ever. She works the concession stand, so I'll admit she has more to do than the other positions in the rink, but she fucks it all up.

She can't to save her life be positive when dealing with customers. Everything is a chore when someone comes up to the counter. She stands there with a kind of pissed off look on her face, waiting for the customer to say something first rather than greeting the person or saying "may I help you?"

Today I watched her answer her phone at the counter, which is against the rules, told her no phones at work, although everyone knows the real rule is that you can use your phone if there's downtime or your hidden from sight and it's not going to interrupt your job (ie serving people). She picked it up, was told to get off, and then stood there and had a 10 minute conversation, making customers wait while she slowly meandered around the concessions area at half speed because she can't do two things at once very well, plus the fact that that is INSANELY rude.

Then she's just rude.. she's constantly yelling things like "I'M BORED!" across the lobby. You kidding me? She's 20, it's not like she's 14.

I was just covering today, usually I work the day after she closes. Everytime I open I and the girl that normally works with me have to finish cleaning, restocking, filling the ice, and whatever else she didn't do the night before. It's so fucking aggravating.

Today she even had the balls to have her friend come back in the stand with her, which would almost be preferable if the friend helped, but she didn't, so it just detracted from her work instead.

She is my least favorite coworker / employee, and I've told her many times I'd fire her if it were up to me. I've mentioned it to the bosses but they avoid confrontation more than most people.

Oh well, just needed to rant. Thanks!

She can't to save her life be positive when dealing with customers.

Damn, I don't understand that shit. It makes the day go by faster if you're nice, plus, uh, they're paying her to do it. I'm always amazed by what managers will let employees get away with due to being non-confrontational.

She can't to save her life be positive when dealing with customers.

Damn, I don't understand that shit. It makes the day go by faster if you're nice, plus, uh, they're paying her to do it. I'm always amazed by what managers will let employees get away with due to being non-confrontational.

because they're pussies. I've had a few bosses that wouldn't fire me for anything i did. i'd not show up to work for a month, then pop in and work, no questions asked. I lost respect for them so i took advantage. and that's why they are doing it. it take s a few firings to make someone understand they need to do their shit or they are out. I had no problems letting people go when i had managerial duties. i wasn't rude and was always polite, but they were gone by the end of that 15 minute conversation. But i'd also give her a few warnings that her job is on the line in order to whip her into shape.

i hate lazy friends who take advantage of their job because they know you. I don't have any respect for anyone like that. I would never dare do that to any friend that i worked with.

I would fire even my best friend in a heartbeat if they weren't doing what they were supposed to do.

I've worked with my three best friends before, and luckily for me I have good friends who realize that if they aren't pulling their weight, someone else is pulling it for them. It's one thing to ask a favor once in a while, but being consistently negligent at your job and making someone you call a friend cover for you all the time is really shitty.