Married Men Help Me Out

What I mean is, I have told her since the beginning that I will not move. My career is here, I own a house, etc. -- as far as I'm concerned, relocation is not an option for me. So if she were to move here, it would be because I was unwilling to move there, which makes me feel like I'm making her do it to make the relationship work.

Does that make sense? I wasn't trying to imply like I have all this power over her or something.

I should have used one of these jobbies after that part of my post ;D I just woke up and fail at sarcasm.

I know it's because you can't move out there. I just think it's one of those things in life where you've gotta just grab on and see what happens.

It's totally cool; I figured you were kidding but wasn't 100% positive. And if she were to ask if she could move out here, I'd say yes in a heartbeat, because I love this girl to death and have never been happier with anyone else, but like I said, I've never had a relationship get this far so it's all new territory for me. And if she were to move, then the question comes up of does she get her own apartment or move into my house?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I guess the point I was trying to get at about 'making her' was that it's the bigger decision for her, and she's making it on her own but with your support.

It seems like when the right thing starts to happen, everything becomes clear.

What's that anyway, a 5 hour drive on the 80/90? That's rough, buddy.

What's that anyway, a 5 hour drive on the 80/90? That's rough, buddy.

Yeah, it's not pleasant. We've been lucky enough to see each other about once a month since we started dating and spending multiple days together each time due to random family events/holidays/work-related stuff, but come January, there's nothing like that on either of our schedules, so we're getting nervous as to when the next time we're going to see each other will be. Money's tight on both ends, so flying is out, and driving is just as expensive (unless we resort to the Megabus) and sucks up travel days on both ends of the weekend, either cutting the trip short or making us blow through our vacation days.