Married Men Help Me Out

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I can't imagine what you'd be scared of. I highly suggest you find some cheap air fare.

Honestly, I don't know. My wife pretty much told me she wanted me to propose (and I wanted to) so it was just a matter of getting the ring and everything. So I wasn't really nervous at all.

OF NOTE:

Please plan your proposal out. I actually put a lot of thought into mine and I decided it was best to do it right in our apartment (placing the ring in a handcraft box I got from Italy, of course). While it wasn't ubber romantic I know my wife is a crier and if did it in public she would cry and be embarrassed about crying in public. It was private and personal just like she likes it.

Good luck and make sure not to drop the ring down a drain.

Sorry I can't imagine what you'd be scared of. I highly suggest you find some cheap air fare.

Honestly, I don't know. My wife pretty much told me she wanted me to propose (and I wanted to) so it was just a matter of getting the ring and everything. So I wasn't really nervous at all.

OF NOTE:

Please plan your proposal out. I actually put a lot of thought into mine and I decided it was best to do it right in our apartment (placing the ring in a handcraft box I got from Italy, of course). While it wasn't ubber romantic I know my wife is a crier and if did it in public she would cry and be embarrassed about crying in public. It was private and personal just like she likes it.

Good luck and make sure not to drop the ring down a drain.

Plus you're pretty much guaranteed to get laid afterward, so skip the middle man and keep it at home.

I was pretty damn nervous, more so about how I was going to afford the damn ring.

In all seriousness, you should be nervous. It's a huge, life-changing event. And, if you're girlfriend is anything like my wife, the second that ring is on her finger the wedding plans will begin.

Buck up young man and go for it. Married life for me has been awesome. Nothing's really changed since we lived together for four years before we got hitched, except we can bag on all of our single friends and their pitiful love lives. As long as you love this girl, which I asume you do if you're planning on popping the question, and both of you know you can put up with each other's quirks and bullshit, you're good to go.

Plus, someone is bound to throw you an engagement party and you can get rip-roaring drunk on someone else's dime.

how long have you guys been together?

I know i am getting close to biting the bullet.

but i think i would be nervous but not because she would say no, more because it is a somewhat "big event" in women's eyes and i would like it to go smoothly. Just keep to the plan and stick to your guns and if she says NO! punch her in the face!

yeah dude i was nervous as hell.. especially how i did it.

we had a big new years eve house show at my place.. so like 150 of my best friends are in the living room, i called everyone in before the last band, thanked them for coming, dropped to one new and popped the question... if she said no.. i probably would have gone out back and blown my head off.

OF NOTE:

Sounds like mine, sans the handcrafted Italian box.

yeah dude i was nervous as hell.. especially how i did it.

we had a big new years eve house show at my place.. so like 150 of my best friends are in the living room, i called everyone in before the last band, thanked them for coming, dropped to one new and popped the question... if she said no.. i probably would have gone out back and blown my head off.

Thats a good one. (eventually) i would like to do something cool and different to purpose but i would probably come up with something like

When jaws popped out of the water at universal studios.

Mine proposal was so non-romantic but perfect for us. I was working nights at the time, and she hated it when I got home after midnight on a Friday. So one Friday I got home a little early and we were just hanging out, watching TV and enjoying each other's company (which usually didn't happen on fridays). I got up, went into the other room, grabbed the ring from where I'd stashed it and dropped down in front of the couch. It was pretty perfect. Then we got drunk. Awesomeness.