Official World Cup 2010 thread

both teams were nil - nil after 90 minutes. then they went to the two 15-minute "extra time" halves, and neither team scored. so technically, the MATCH was a tie. but then they went into penalties, and Paraguay won 5-3 during that.

Edited for English football fans!

Sorry, Dan had to hahahaha!

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

both teams were tied at 0 after the first 90 minutes. then they went to the two 15-minute "overtime" periods, and neither team scored. so technically, the MATCH was a tie. but then they went to a penalty kick shootout, and Paraguay won 5-3 during that.

thanks Dan. I'm definitely not gonna miss the Spain/Portugal game.

I disagree. Both teams are being aggressive. Ronaldo was acting like a child sitting on the field though

Even though he did get fouled there?

I also disagree that Portugal is sitting back. They're trying to attack, Spain just has had an overwhelming amount of possession...

I disagree. Both teams are being aggressive. Ronaldo was acting like a child sitting on the field though

Even though he did get fouled there?

I also disagree that Portugal is sitting back. They're trying to attack, Spain just has had an overwhelming amount of possession...

With 10 men behind the ball?! nah... If they were being agressive they'd be having more possession in midfield.

Ronaldo deserves to get a few fouls put on him without the opposition getting a free kick, karma.