Official World Cup 2010 thread

i agree with you. my problem isn't with two teams playing for a draw that are already (basically) locks to advance. my problem is when a team's strategy going into group play is to play for 3 draws, instead of going for a single win.

No team qualified for the last 16 with less than four points so this would be a pretty stupid set of tactics to use, also i would be very, very surprised if any team has gone into the world cup thinking they should go for three draws. If this was true it would be something the smaller teams do and if it was the case we wouldn't have had the upsets we've seen this year.

re: dribbling in the penalty area, i thought you said earlier that players dance about in there trying to get fouled for a penalty? But you just said that too many teams try to dribble the ball into the net, i really don't see a problem with that... I support Arsenal in england and they are renown for doing this and score some beautiful goals!

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's happening with Freddy Adu? I remember he was suposse to be a big star, then I saw him in Ottawa in 2007 for the U20 World Cup, and I wasn't impress at all (compared to Altidore who played a GREAT game... If I remember correctly, he was the one who scored the 2 goals(vs Brazil)), but it was only one game. Now I see he isn't in the US 23 players?