Question about Moneen - The Red Tree

I got mine from them on tour but man, these things went on the road with them for what seemed like years before they sold out and then everyone went nuts for them. So good though. Love these guys. Was happy to hear from Kenny again after I deleted all this contact info accidently. He and Lisa just had a baby boy. So cool.

I remember when it came out and I just didn't have enough disposable income to justify getting it, and probably an entire year later I got an e-mail saying "We're almost out of Red Tree vinyl!" so I finally caved and got one. Ended up getting #274. It's worth it for His Own Anomaly alone. The version on the Live DVD is pretty good, but nothing like the studio version.

Funny story: When I was living in Australia, I paid almost $60 to see Alexisonfire and Moneen and was talking to Kenny and Hippy about how I saw that exact same concert 5 years before for a tenth of what I paid to see them that night. They were pretty blown away that someone from home would pay so much to see them, haha.

I remember when it came out and I just didn't have enough disposable income to justify getting it, and probably an entire year later I got an e-mail saying "We're almost out of Red Tree vinyl!" so I finally caved and got one. Ended up getting #274. It's worth it for His Own Anomaly alone. The version on the Live DVD is pretty good, but nothing like the studio version.

Funny story: When I was living in Australia, I paid almost $60 to see Alexisonfire and Moneen and was talking to Kenny and Hippy about how I saw that exact same concert 5 years before for a tenth of what I paid to see them that night. They were pretty blown away that someone from home would pay so much to see them, haha.

I miss the days when you could see Moneen, choke and Small Brown Bike on the same bill for $7

One of the best shows I've ever seen in my life. Also the hottest show I've ever been to.

I keep telling myself that there was infact a Smallman tour that had Choke, Moneen and SBB, or am I crazy?

That show at the Pineroom in Oakvilee circa 2001 (?) was insane. Moneen, Pibald, SBB and Silverstein...amazing! I remember Kenny lit off fireworks from his guitar head and the show got shut down by the fire dept. Everyone was so pissed!

Does Moneen still do lots of improv in their shows? One of my best memories is a show where they played a Darkness cover (I Believe in a Thing Called Love... hilarious) in the middle of Passing of America. So good! Haven't seen them since The Red Tree was released though.... sound changed too much for me to get into.

Does Moneen still do lots of improv in their shows? One of my best memories is a show where they played a Darkness cover (I Believe in a Thing Called Love... hilarious) in the middle of Passing of America. So good! Haven't seen them since The Red Tree was released though.... sound changed too much for me to get into.

Last time I saw them they played an acoustic show at Call the Office in London, and it wasn't very good at all. We actually ended up leaving about 1/2 way through. Not really diggin' the new album

One of the best shows I've ever seen in my life. Also the hottest show I've ever been to.

I keep telling myself that there was infact a Smallman tour that had Choke, Moneen and SBB, or am I crazy?

That show at the Pineroom in Oakvilee circa 2001 (?) was insane. Moneen, Pibald, SBB and Silverstein...amazing! I remember Kenny lit off fireworks from his guitar head and the show got shut down by the fire dept. Everyone was so pissed!

Was that the one where the singer from SBB was just screaming with no mic and you could actually hear him over the rest of the band?

I also seem to remember a megaphone, although it's all a bit fuzzy now. Actually, it was probably fuzzy that night as well.

Was that the one where the singer from SBB was just screaming with no mic and you could actually hear him over the rest of the band?

I also seem to remember a megaphone, although it's all a bit fuzzy now. Actually, it was probably fuzzy that night as well.

Yeah, I seem to remember a megaphone too. i know SBB was really pissed because they were having major sound problems, so the yelling thing makes sense.

I saw moneen in Austria on the recent RX Bandits EU tour few weeks ago, and it was so awesome, even though it was only a supporting set. We talked to Kenny before the show about the Ending of Lost, he was so happy that we asked him about it, because at the time no one else in the band have seen it, so he talked about his opinions for minutes. He was so pshyced that we travelled 3 hours from Hungary to see them, he put us all 3 on the Guestlist. What a dude.

this shirt ruled as well:

[image]

on the back around the neck it says: "I missed the Finale for this Damn European tour."