anyone into country?

the most i've spent on vinyl has actually been on country artists. i just dropped $45 (shipping included) on David Allan Coe's first album (which is actually a blues album haha), and i spent $39 on his "Nothing Sacred" album.

i've also been dropping some decent money on Johnny Cash records (i've been getting into the American Recordings albums, i have all of 'em on vinyl except for 2 and 5), and i actually got a used copy of his first album on amazon for $20.

and of course when it comes to current country, Hank III is the fucking best, he just came out with a new album and it's pretty fucking sweet. his 2nd album is still my favorite though.

Hank III and his ...eh... newest album aside, I would say one of the only new country artists I can really back is Brad Paisley. Some people write him off as another pop country singer, but he's actually more than all that crap. The man writes his own songs (damn good ones i might add ;) ), is a hell of a guitar player, and isn't just chugging out the bullshit you can find everyday on CMT.

I know they might not be around anymore but THE WEARY BOYS were fuckin' awesome, along with RED VOLKEarT (merle haggard's guitarist) and also plays with Heybale (with earl, johnny cash's pianist).

here are a few more:

waylon jennings

barbara mandrell (more 80's country like randy travis and george straight)

dwight yoakam (also 80's style country, but more honky tonk)

loretta lynn (probably my favorite female country singer of all time. even more so than patsy)

buck owens (one part of hee-haw)

freddie fender (tejano/country/rock legend) ok, i may be bias because he's a old family friend, but nonetheless.. dude's a badass.

Old country is probably half of my collection. The New Hank III album is really good as is the new Merle Haggard album.

shit, i didn't know there was a new haggard album out. i only have 2 of his records, i need to get more of 'em. he's actually playing at a fest that's about an hour from me in about a month but i don't think i can make it up.

Hank III and his ...eh... newest album aside, I would say one of the only new country artists I can really back is Brad Paisley. Some people write him off as another pop country singer, but he's actually more than all that crap. The man writes his own songs (damn good ones i might add ;) ), is a hell of a guitar player, and isn't just chugging out the bullshit you can find everyday on CMT.

yeah i was thinking about getting his CD, he's a pretty goddamn good guitarist

yeah i was thinking about getting his CD, he's a pretty goddamn good guitarist

Definitely do that man. His newest album is pretty much instrumental as well if you're looking to hear him show off some talent, ha

and to controlthebleeding: about loretta, bold statement my friend. I can see where you're coming from though, she does have a hell of a voice. I think I may be slightly biased though, I grew up (and still work in) Patsy's hometown of Winchester, Va.

I also made a score at a record store down in Chapel Hill, NC earlier in the month. The repress of Doc Watson's S/t from RSD for 10 bucks. If you haven't checked out Doc before, he's another killer guitar player, and blind to boot (haha).

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':48veaq96]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':48veaq96]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Lenny from Darkbuster released a CD with his other band, Lenny and the Piss Poor Boys, too bad it never made it on vinyl, such an amazing album, it sounds like it was recorded decades ago. Really good stuff...............

One of my favorite albums of all time, regardless of how new it is. It sucks the drummer died as well, as I will never get another chance to see them (according to what Lenny says anyhow). Lets just hope this makes its way onto vinyl; I think i remember Virgil talking on the Suburban Home page years ago about trying to put it out, but who knows at this point.

the most i've spent on vinyl has actually been on country artists. i just dropped $45 (shipping included) on David Allan Coe's first album (which is actually a blues album haha), quote]

Penitentiary Blues ? I love that record, been looking high and low for Requiem For A Harlequin...

yup that's the one, it's pretty good. i also just won an auction for Underground. and yeah, Requiem is probably something i'll never be able to hear, i can't find anything about it online

I know they might not be around anymore but THE WEARY BOYS were fuckin' awesome, along with RED VOLKEarT (merle haggard's guitarist) and also plays with Heybale (with earl, johnny cash's pianist).

The Weary Boys aren't together anymore, but Mario Matteoli (vocals, guitar) is doing his own thing and it's soooo good. Check that out here: http://www.myspace.com/mariomatteoli

Other than that, check out Guy Clark dammit!! The early stuff is absolutely brilliant!