New Hot Water Music album!

I don't know man, I've been to a bunch of their shows and there always seemed to be a lot of people who were just there, like me.

Until the reunion show in orlando (which was still pretty awesome crowd wise, for the most part) I don't think I've ever been to a HWM show where the audience didn't seem as passionate as the band. Oh, and also the Civic Tour where they were opening for The Get Up Kids, Thrice, and Dashboard Confessional...no one cared, and I was sad. I have a ton of friends who really don't like them, but I've never heard "boring" as a reason.

I have seen grown men weep at a Hot Water Music concert.

I have done this. Twice.

I love this band more than is really reasonable. I had their logo tattooed on my arm before I had seen them live (because they had broken up by that point) and at the first show I saw them at I was weeping during the first song.

Why? I can't think of any band that could have that impression on me. At the end of the day, they're all normal dudes, so it's not like seeing Jesus or something.

Mine story is a bit but here goes:

They broke up when I was still in high school and I had never been able to see them live. I had been listening to them since I was 11 or 12 and at that time it was really hard to convince my mom to take me to a show on weeknight. When they broke up I was crushed. I never thought I'd be able to see what was one of my favorite bands in a live setting. Before the reunion was announced I ended up getting their logo tattooed on my arm and then a couple weeks later it was announced that they were going to be reuniting.

I got to the show super early and ended up talking with all the guys in the band before the show. I talked to them for a bit and when the show started they opened with "Alachua" which is my favorite song of theirs. It was the first HWM song I remember hearing and then truly "getting it." So when one of my favorite bands, a band that really helped me work through some hard times in my life (a friend's suicide), came on stage and played my favorite song of theirs it all kind of came to a head and I broke down. It was a culmination of years of waiting, doubt and pain all kind of flowing out in a super happy way.

I don't know man, I've been to a bunch of their shows and there always seemed to be a lot of people who were just there, like me.

Until the reunion show in orlando (which was still pretty awesome crowd wise, for the most part) I don't think I've ever been to a HWM show where the audience didn't seem as passionate as the band. Oh, and also the Civic Tour where they were opening for The Get Up Kids, Thrice, and Dashboard Confessional...no one cared, and I was sad. I have a ton of friends who really don't like them, but I've never heard "boring" as a reason.

Whenever I saw them @ Sno-Core in 2003 maybe? it was them, Sparta, and Glassjaw. EVERYONE was there to see Glassjaw. HWM played for maybe 45 min, it felt like they were just rushing through their set. I felt bad. Glassjaw played after HWM and the venue was maybe a quarter of the way full when Sparta went on. Sparta killed it though.