How many post Ergs! bands?

slow death is good

houseboat is great

psyched to die is great

radio faces are pretty good

black wine is good

Night Birds is great

Agree with all this, except I think the Slow Death is great as well.

Also, I don't know if it counts but Joe played bass on at least some of the Jon Snodgrass LP.

Night Birds are pretty good, too.

I'd kill for the Ergs to get back together and tour again. One day...

i love dorkrockcorkrod but not don't like upstairs/downstairs, anything i should get?

What don't you like about it?

I guess I'd recommend getting Hindsight Is 20/20, which is a compilation of 7"s and b-sides and stuff. I'm a massive Ergs fan though, so I'd pretty much recommend any of their stuff.

slow death is good

houseboat is great

psyched to die is great

radio faces are pretty good

black wine is good

Night Birds is great

Agree with all this, except I think the Slow Death is great as well.

Also, I don't know if it counts but Joe played bass on at least some of the Jon Snodgrass LP.

I have only listened to a couple songs. i got the demo cd but left it in jax when i moved. once i get to listen to it more i will most likely upgrade my opinion. haha

Slow Death is the only one I don't know. Who are they?

love The Slow Death.

Jesse and Dave from PBT + Johnny C (who was recruited to play bass in pbt, but then they started the transition into slow death when dan moved to portland and switched to lead guitar) + mikey erg (who wasn't the original drummer, Steve from tampa band Rest of us (johnny c's band) was supposed to play but ended up with a drug habit and never learned any of the songs.

Mikey was living in MPLS and hanging out with all those dudes and was originally gonna do only a 10 day tour with them, but then recorded the demo backup vocals, as the drums had already been recorded.

and now you know the rest of the story.

also saw night birds for the first time at insub, they fucking rock!

houseboat is amasing.

mikey was playing with the dopamines as well.

I like the Ergs! and most of their bands afterwards. I can't really get into the Slow Death. Maybe it's because my band opened for them and the singer was an asshole.

yeah he is, but i love that guy.

have you seen the Slow Death shirt with Jesse's picture and underneath:

"Jesse Thorson is an Asshole"

i dont even wear it, it's just hung up in my room. haha

They almost missed the show we played with them. they decided to cancel about an hour beforehand and then showed up as the new "headliner" was finishing and decided to play. They made the band that played before them rush all their stuff off stage, got majority of the door money (which doesn't really matter to me but is worth mentioning) and then treated the other bands like shit. It really rubbed me the wrong way.