any golfers on the board?

Yep they take you out there in a wooden boat. The crazy thing is that the green is on cables, so they can adjust the hole distance. The greens fees are pretty steep ($225/$150 twilight), but that includes a forecaddie for the group(finds balls, fixes marks, tells distance), pre-round sports massage, and unlimited range balls.

The other cool thing is that the range is on the lake, so everything is hit into the water and the balls float. For anyone in the area not looking to pay those green fees, they have a 9 hole (unadvertised) deal every day. $69 for 9 holes (plus the floating green), and all the other stuff above.

That would drain my bank account so fast..

I can get on the local air national guard base (Army employee) and the last monday of every month they do an outing with unlimited range, door prizes, breakfast, lunch, and dinner for $45. It's awesome.

The best thing is that the last one I did, literally did not wait on a single hole. Finished the scramble in about 3 hours. Makes it so much more enjoyable.

Funny golfing stories anyone?  

played a lot when i was a teenager, not too much now, couple times a year maybe

one time i was going for a flop shot onto the green, wide open face, took a full swing and ZING thinned the shit out of it, shot across the green at about 4 feet off the ground and hit my friend who was on the other side right in the chest. he went down fast, i ran over there and for real thought i killed him. he ended up being fine, but god that was terrifying.

another time a buddy of mine hit a bird out of mid air on a drive, just like a cartoon or a video game, ball went up, and just stopped mid air and fell straight down with a bird