any golfers on the board?

I golf, but I'm all stocked up on the necessities. Side note, I'm absolutely terrible at the game, but it's still fun to go out there and laugh about it while drinking.

Golf is the only thing I am awful at that I don't give up on. I used to hate summer because I couldn't ski. Now I hate winter because I can't golf (at least not in Ohio).

• 2 years later...

Hit the range yesterday for the 5th time this year. Which is think is 4 more times than I went last year.

My swing feels way more natural now than it ever did, and I definitely have the itch to get out there for at least 9 holes.

I last played back in August '10, and that was the first time in at least 8 years. That was 18 holes, and I pretty much had my fill by the 12th.

Blah blah blah.. I want to play more. Does this mean I'm getting old?

I hung a golf net in my garage. Pull the car out, and I can take a full swing with a driver with no trouble. 

Just need to be more rigorous with trying to get better (ie, read and figure out what I'm doing wrong). What good is hitting 200 balls a day if your swing / approach isn't right?

• 1 year later...

not a funny story, but i spent all of spring golfing. hadn't played even 9 in over 3 years, and there i was playing at least 18 on a weekly basis for a couple months.

it all pretty much lead to me taking my dad out for father's day. on the 12th hole, i mentioned that i still didn't have a birdie. then i knocked in about a 45 yard pitch on the next hole.. for eagle.

shot sub-100, easily my best score of what was quite literally a rookie season.

haven't played since that day lol