late night thread

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, again, this thread SHOULD have been up my alley, but I had to work a double tonight. WTF.

I just got back from my friends party and realized real life drumming and rock band drummer are two completely different things.

Oh man, I was totally going to pick it up for that reason too.

I just got back from my friends party and realized real life drumming and rock band drummer are two completely different things.

that's pretty funny.

so you're saying that the drumming game from japan at my local arcade won't prepare me to form a band?

I thought I could play drums in real life but this game proved me otherwise.

yeah, i ended up just getting my dad a dvd. but he makes enough money and has no qualms about spending it that i never have any idea what he might want. even if we get him something i know he loves, like the clint eastwood westerns on dvd, he never uses them. the clint dvds we got him two years ago are still in the shrink wrap.

to drive the point home, we put togther "santa" stockings for my parents and threw a bunch of shit like that in there.

yeah, i ended up just getting my dad a dvd. but he makes enough money and has no qualms about spending it that i never have any idea what he might want. even if we get him something i know he loves, like the clint eastwood westerns on dvd, he never uses them. the clint dvds we got him two years ago are still in the shrink wrap.

to drive the point home, we put togther "santa" stockings for my parents and threw a bunch of shit like that in there.

Yeah no shit, same here. Anything he wants, he pretty much gets. My dad actually buys me some pretty thoughtful shit sometimes, too. The worst part is, you'd think it'd be so simple - my dad is a vet. He has a Harley. He likes anything that involves shit getting blown the fuck up. I bought him Saving Private Ryan. I mean, seriously.

I ask him what he wants and he's always all, "I don't know, don't worry about it.... it doesn't matter, don't buy me anything." GRAH.

I ask him what he wants and he's always all, "I don't know, don't worry about it.... it doesn't matter, don't buy me anything." GRAH.

seriously... father's are the hardest to buy for. mostly because of what you just said!

'i don't know what i want. you know what?... don't get me anything. i don't need anything!'

shit. just make it easy, and tell me that you want a mcdonalds happy meal, for chrissake!

ah well. i aced it this year.

now i have to think about next!

my sister and i just finished setting up my mom's christmas present: a whole new set of dishes and table settings and whatnot. i love that my folks are old enough now that christmas is more about surprising and pleasing them than it is about us. they deserve it.

I painted my parents a picture of the virgen mary, but instead of a burning heart I replaced the heart with a phone and called it "The Immaculate Reception" they didnt like it that much.

my sister and i just finished setting up my mom's christmas present: a whole new set of dishes and table settings and whatnot. i love that my folks are old enough now that christmas is more about surprising and pleasing them than it is about us. they deserve it.

I painted my parents a picture of the virgen mary, but instead of a burning heart I replaced the heart with a phone and called it "The Immaculate Reception" they didnt like it that much.

Franco Harris?