Scott: music you hate in an inconvenient format

I like tapes (I wanted to dub my vinyl to tapes for on the go...down with the mp3! hahaha) and I like Joan of Arc, so I guess I lose two times. :P

If I were super JOA crazy I would pick up that set, but I have a few of the albums on vinyl, which is fine by me...I can make my own box set. 8-)

I like cassettes. I love Joan of Arc. I bought the box set.

A vinyl box set would have been better though.

cassette haters never owned cassette decks in their cars.

Joan of Arc haters never listened to A Portable Model Of.

Totally. And say what you want, I think "Boo Human" is one of the most beautiful, touching and starkly honest records I've ever heard. It's just incredible. And my taste is unimpeachable, so there.

Eh, I'm kind of impartial to tapes. My Jeep originally only had a cassette deck up front, but a 10 disc changer in the rear, so if I wanted to switch up my music on the go, it had to be tapes (until I got an iPod tape thing). Once it stopped working, however, I bought one of those new fancy radios with a little screen and all that shit, so I don't often listen to tapes anymore.

I have a sizable assortment of tapes, though I rarely buy brand new tapes, barring exclusive tunes or me being fucked up when making the purchase.

Edit - Since I'm bored, here's a pic of my tapes. Bought the rack on eBay a few years ago for ~$10 shipped or so, then hung it up on the wall. They were alphabatized for a while, until I got lazy and just kept adding them on the right side. A lot of demos, but also just a lot of normal releases. (And a few boots)

[image]

Back in the day, before digital downloads and all that shit, record labels would send out CDs obviously to press people like myself. But often, if you wanted something early and asked, they would send you a pre-master copy of an album on cassette. This was before CD burning was something you could do on a PC. In any case, I had a huge collection of tapes, many of them with different versions of songs or songs that never got recorded at all. It's not something they'd do now because of the ease of disseminating songs, but back then it was a cool thing to get. Somewhere along the line I threw them all away and I kick myself for it now and then.

Eh, I'm kind of impartial to tapes. My Jeep originally only had a cassette deck up front, but a 10 disc changer in the rear, so if I wanted to switch up my music on the go, it had to be tapes (until I got an iPod tape thing). Once it stopped working, however, I bought one of those new fancy radios with a little screen and all that shit, so I don't often listen to tapes anymore.

I have a sizable assortment of tapes, though I rarely buy brand new tapes, barring exclusive tunes or me being fucked up when making the purchase.

Edit - Since I'm bored, here's a pic of my tapes. Bought the rack on eBay a few years ago for ~$10 shipped or so, then hung it up on the wall. They were alphabatized for a while, until I got lazy and just kept adding them on the right side. A lot of demos, but also just a lot of normal releases. (And a few boots)

[image]

The We Are The World cassette sticks out like a sore thumb in that collection.

If you like Joan Of Arc it's a great deal. You get downloads of all the albums as well. That's $50 less than it would cost you from iTunes. Plus you've got the tapes you can sell on eBay later for probably twice the asking price. Whatever. I'm a fan so I bought it. It's no stupider than buying eight variants of the same fucking album.