Pitchfork

Milwaukee has their own little Pitchfork going on this weekend.

Neon Indian, Band of Horses, Southern Culture on the Skids, Liars, Carolina Chocolate Drops, .357 String Band, John Doe, Lightning Bolt, Collection of Colonies of Bees, Jack Oblivion, Robbie Fulks w/ Nora O'Connor, Eric Lindell, Floyd Lee, Red Baraat, Samantha Crain, Scott Lucas (Local H) and the Married Men, Codebreaker, Strand of Oaks, Zola Jesus, The Loom, Def Harmonic, The Goodnight Loving, Neil Davis, John Paul Keith & the One Four Fives, The Figureheads, Oh My God, Spires that in Sunset Rise, R Keenan Lawler, You, You're Awesome, Jon Mueller, Jamie Breiwick, The Jonathan Burks Band, Heidi Spencer & the Rare Birds, Signaldrift, DJ Warp, Wildbirds, IFIHADAHIFI, Jason Wietlispach, Prestige Atlantic Impulse, The Danglers, Hal Rammel, Oneself, The New Loud, Aimless Blades, The Ragadors, Faux Firs

Now in its second year, Radio Summer Camp is WMSE 91.7FM's four day music festival and education symposium. Live music will be presented at 10 different Milwaukee club, theater and ballroom venues as well as at Cathedral Square Park, home of the Backyard BBQ, an all-day, free outdoor concert held by WMSE as part of Radio Summer Camp. The BBQ takes place on Sunday, July 18th.

$25

I'm going to check out a few bands, try to see Wyatt Cenac from the Daily Show...Titus Andronicus because my g/f's been freaking out about them for like a month...maybe try to see Pavement

Titus Andronicus is worth freaking out over. I saw them open for Lucero a while back and was blown away. They are a killer live band and the new record is near perfect!

I went to one of the days last year and it was a killer time. I was considering going but decided to go see Cap'n Jazz, and possibly Tigers Jaw, instead.

I've been contemplating leaving a little early on sunday and try and catch Tigers Jaw, but I guess that depends on the group I'm with what they want to do. I'm kind of interested to see how the Comedy is going to be tomorrow night, its seems like a pretty cool addition. I'm not super excited about all the days but I always seem to enjoy the fest its fairly relaxed as opposed to like Lollapalooza.

Milwaukee has their own little Pitchfork going on this weekend.

Neon Indian, Band of Horses, Southern Culture on the Skids, Liars, Carolina Chocolate Drops, .357 String Band, John Doe, Lightning Bolt, Collection of Colonies of Bees, Jack Oblivion, Robbie Fulks w/ Nora O'Connor, Eric Lindell, Floyd Lee, Red Baraat, Samantha Crain, Scott Lucas (Local H) and the Married Men, Codebreaker, Strand of Oaks, Zola Jesus, The Loom, Def Harmonic, The Goodnight Loving, Neil Davis, John Paul Keith & the One Four Fives, The Figureheads, Oh My God, Spires that in Sunset Rise, R Keenan Lawler, You, You're Awesome, Jon Mueller, Jamie Breiwick, The Jonathan Burks Band, Heidi Spencer & the Rare Birds, Signaldrift, DJ Warp, Wildbirds, IFIHADAHIFI, Jason Wietlispach, Prestige Atlantic Impulse, The Danglers, Hal Rammel, Oneself, The New Loud, Aimless Blades, The Ragadors, Faux Firs

Now in its second year, Radio Summer Camp is WMSE 91.7FM's four day music festival and education symposium. Live music will be presented at 10 different Milwaukee club, theater and ballroom venues as well as at Cathedral Square Park, home of the Backyard BBQ, an all-day, free outdoor concert held by WMSE as part of Radio Summer Camp. The BBQ takes place on Sunday, July 18th.

$25

That's pretty sweet actually I didn't realize that was a festival. That Band Of Horses show is $26 on its own, man that might be something to look into next year.

I went to one of the days last year and it was a killer time. I was considering going but decided to go see Cap'n Jazz, and possibly Tigers Jaw, instead.

I've been contemplating leaving a little early on sunday and try and catch Tigers Jaw, but I guess that depends on the group I'm with what they want to do. I'm kind of interested to see how the Comedy is going to be tomorrow night, its seems like a pretty cool addition. I'm not super excited about all the days but I always seem to enjoy the fest its fairly relaxed as opposed to like Lollapalooza.

I haven't decided if I am going or not yet, but I very well may. I'd really like to see Tigers Jaw, but the other bands are all decent to good so it would be worth the $8.

pitchfork grabs some good bands to play the festival. how is the record convention?

Its fairly decent, you've got a few people selling older records, and a bunch of labels, like sub pop, hometapes, polyvinyl, thrill jockey and tons more. Then you've got Music Direct which is has all new sealed vinyl. Prices are pretty decent too. I picked up Weezer - The Blue Album for $15, Radiohead - Kid A for $18, and Violent Femmes - S/t for $15. I'm tempted to go back today, they had () by Sigur Ros for only $20, think they had 2 copies left when i was looking yesterday. Other than that I picked up Bon Iver - For Emma($12) and Postal Service - Give Up for $14. So I got a decent haul yesterday my friend grabbed like 10 records and spent like $110 or something. I enjoyed it quite a bit, Flatstock was looking good as well, although some people didn't have all their stuff out when we walked through.

Oh yeah, and if you're going you should stop by the Toyota Antics thing on the tennis courts and fill out a card to win a Prius you get a decent sized handbag that they screenprint 1 of like 4 designs and its the perfect size for Lp's.