Joan of Arc 10 Cassettes Box Set /100

http://www.polyvinylrecords.com/store/index.php?id=1377

Description

Chicago's Joan of Arc have exhibited a fearless artistry in their 14 years of existence. Led by Tim Kinsella, the band has at various stages been comprised of a cast of over 50 musicians -- including members of American Football, Wilco, Iron & Wine, Bonnie Prince Billy, Aloha, and more.

Joyful Noise Recordings, in conjunction with Polyvinyl, is pleased to announce the release of a Joan of Arc Cassette Box Set. This is the first time any JOA albums have been available on cassette.

The collection is housed in a custom-built wooden box, elaborately screen-printed, and hand-numbered. Each cassette, individually wrapped and featuring the original album art, includes a code with options to download the records as high-quality MP3s or lossless audio files.

There's a thread on this on the Everything Else board already. Posted just a while ago. Though the title of the thread isn't that obvious:

"Scott: music you hate in an inconvenient format"

Hahaha. OOps. Yeah I checked in every section but didn't search by that title.

I post doubles all the time :)

I like Cassettes

I love it you all like analog music but not when its on magnetic tape.

The medium is analog, but the music on it is not always analog. I know I am splitting hairs, but yeah. Music is music either way, and I love it all, but would prefer it if everyone recorded to tape then pressed vinyl (or at least mastered to tape then sent that to be pressed).

No kidding. Most of the records made in the past 15 years have been digital albums pressed to vinyl.

Also, in study after study people who were given a blind choice chose cassettes over records and CDs for sound quality. I prefer records obviously, but a good tape on a good system sounds fantastic. Just like a bad record on a shitty record player sounds shitty.