Trading your favorite songs comp ?

mrc

What if some people don't have trade lists though? Like myself. I think if we're gonna do the whole random thing, the CDs shouldn't contain all one type of music. I know a lot of you don't listen to just one kind of music. Mix it up.

I agree.

The approach that I'd take would be asking yourself what bands you enjoy and are a fan of that others may not know much about and you'd like them to check out.

I can't remember who it was, but when I mentioned that I had uploaded a bunch of midwest hardcore/punk releases to DF, they had never heard of those bands but were curious.

Something along those lines...

And if you happen to receive a mix with songs that you already know/have and like, then hey...you found someone else who likes the same band too! We all win!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kirby makes sick mixes. I still rock a hip-hop one he made me a few years back, and have even burned it for other people.

what kind of stuff is on it, scott?

It's on my computer in Cleveland (I'm currently on my mom's laptop in Illinois), but off the top of my head I remember DangerDoom, Blackstar, the Streets, and stuff similar to that.

Aha! Found the tracklisting:

1. Common - Be

2. Outkast - Mighty 'O'

3. Cee-Lo - I'll Be Around (ft. Timbaland)

4. Black Star - Definition

5. The Coup - My Favorite Mutiny (ft. Black Thought & Talib Kweli)

6. Danger Doom - Benzie Box (ft. Cee-Lo)

7. Talib Kweli - Shock Body

8. Streets - The Hardest Way to Make an Easy Living

9. Mos Def - Hip Hop

10. Handsome Boy Modeling School - A Day in the Life (ft. RZA, AG, & The Mars Volta)

Aha! Found the tracklisting:

1. Common - Be

2. Outkast - Mighty 'O'

3. Cee-Lo - I'll Be Around (ft. Timbaland)

4. Black Star - Definition

5. The Coup - My Favorite Mutiny (ft. Black Thought & Talib Kweli)

6. Danger Doom - Benzie Box (ft. Cee-Lo)

7. Talib Kweli - Shock Body

8. Streets - The Hardest Way to Make an Easy Living

9. Mos Def - Hip Hop

10. Handsome Boy Modeling School - A Day in the Life (ft. RZA, AG, & The Mars Volta)

Great, great stuff. I was way into hip hop when I was younger before I got into punk/HC/indie music. I'm really gonna have to check out that handsome boy w/ the RZA and the mars volta, that sounds completely siiick!

thanks for posting the tracklist!

i can never ever get into aesop rock. i kinda think he sucks balls but whatever.

sage, atmosphere/slug are some of my favs.

Yeah i rock gang starr, immortal technique, sage, non phixon, necro, ill bill, all the wu tang membors, method man was my fav but he has been weak lately. even gym class heros has some good shit

Niice. I'm glad there's some appreciation for underground/indie hip hop on this board.

When did I send that, like two years ago? I made a ton of mix CDs from different genres. They were all 10 songs each and came in a nice little package (don't spoil what I sent it in Scott, I'm going to do that for this too).

I don't remember the packaging whatsoever. PM me to jog my memory.

Guest falloutcollapse

Okay, we're 5 pages in, and nobody has taken the initiative to set this up, so I am. If you are interested in being a part of this, please PM me with "Mix CD Trade" in the subject, or something to that effect.

-Inside said PM, please include your address. I'll be writing all these down.

-Please prepare a mixed CD on a single 80 minute CD with songs that mean a lot to you.

-If you include a note of why each song means a lot to you, it would be even better, but it's not necessary.

-Please have your CDs ready by January 12th (too soon?).

-On January 12th, I will send out random addresses to everyone that is participating, just like Secret Santa.

-Please ship your CD out by January 26th. It shouldn't cost more than a few dollars with USPS First Class mail.

Okay, so if I forgot something, please let me know. I'm excited!

Hey Guys, Im glad everyone is stoked and jumping on board. I feel somewhat like a douche because i brought up the idea and then left the responsibility on someone else. Sorry about that but i have been crazy since i got back from xmas break and hopefully things calm down over this long weekend. +1 for V for takin charge.

But i think this will be great and lookin forward to it. I guess i better start collecting songs.

i really dont care who gets mine, but i do know it will probably be a double disc.

I just started scribbling songs down and have like 2 pages... Not all of them have deep meaning, some just great tunes. Im sure after i think it over the list will be trimmed down but i got a ton of shit right now.

Guest falloutcollapse
I'd much rather know who I have before I make the mix. Does anyone else feel this way?

Does everyone want to do it this way? If so, I can PM everyone names by the end of next week or something.