Photo: Lucero "Rebels, Rogues & Sworn Brothers" 18

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

While I pre-ordered the Red 180 gram vinyl (haven't yet received it), I hung out with Jordan (mastermind behind Sabot) who was touring with Against Me and Silversun Pickups and he was kind enough to give me a copy of the white 180 gram vinyl. Let me just say that the packaging is top notch. The gatefold jackets are heavy duty, almost book bound, and the 180 gram vinyl is obviously heavy duty. It's surprising that you can get the LPs for only $10 through the Sabot store http://totaltreble.bigcartel.com/product/lucero-rebels-rogues-sworn-brothers-180g-lp-mp3-pre-order since the cost to make these had to have cost a pretty penny.

A little note in case you haven't purchased it and are deciding which to purchase, Jordan mentioned that the White vinyl is slightly more rare than the Red. He also mentioned that while they haven't yet sold out of the colored vinyl, it is well on its way to selling out. Buy this vinyl before you miss out on a chance to get this album on vinyl. Jordan mentioned that next up will be That Much Further West and Ben Nichols' solo album. I will be first in line for both of those records.

Guest Admin
so how's it sound anyway, with the album being about 48 minutes long, fitted into one whole record and all?

I haven't spun it yet. will try to tonight.

Listening now, sounds great on my shitty setup. I really wish my mailman didn't throw it down in my driveway like I'm pretty sure he did, because that's where I found it and the awesome book-binding gatefold is split at the top. Fuck that mailman.

It's so nice, and I apparently can't have nice things because the mailman can't be anything less than a miserable cunt.

This album, though. I LOVE "What Else Would You Have Me Be" but then get bummed I have to listen to "I Don't Want To Be The One". Then I like "San Francisco" quite a bit, LOVE "I Can Get Us Out Of Here" only to DREAD "Nineteen Seventy Nine." I hatehatehate that song so much. Until this vinyl spinning, I don't think I've ever gotten through this song without skipping it.

Playing the black 180 gram and the sound is real faint. I have to tweak the mids and highs on my pre-amp a bit. It also plays way more silent and the volume needs to be turned up.

That's the biggest problem with stuffing that much music onto one record. It probably should've been a 2xLP.

1372 Overton Park was the same way.

• 2 months later...