bear vs shark appreesh

Guest falloutcollapse

For real. Once my friend John said I had to check out this band called "Minus the Bear." I accidentally searched Bear vs. Shark and listened to BVS exclusively for about 3 months. Now it seems like all I listen to is Minus the Bear, hours and hours every single day.

I love Bear vs Shark. A lot. One of my favorite shows ever was seeing them with Rescue at the Blind Pig in Ann Arbor. It was after Right Now, You're In The Best Of Hands came out, and it was mindblowingly amazing - less than 100 people there, easy. MARC PUNCHED OUT A FUCKING LIGHT.

No matter what time of the year it is, there's a good chance you're gonna catch me wearing this :

[image]

In fact, Bear vs Shark vinyl is what brought me to VC in the first place - Right Now is the first record I bought on every color. They're a band I listen to when I need cheering up, when I need to stay awake, or during idle moments. I rarely have any fucking clue what they are singing about, and I don't really give a shit either.

I love Bear vs Shark.

That said, I really need a copy of the first press of their picturedisc, to complete my collection. And I will paypal anybody who has one to spare $65.42 for one, simple as that.

i saw them three, maybe 4 times. the last time i saw them, was right before they broke up on the fear before the march of flames tour. they were fucking horrible at that show. everything was off, and out of tune, and no one cared about them. the other times were fucking amazing.

i once saw them in houston with the lawrence arms, with like 14 people tops. blew my mind.

less than 100 people there,

No matter what time of the year it is, there's a good chance you're gonna catch me wearing this :

[image]

1. I only got to see this band twice. First time was in front of prolly 100 kids as well. The lead singer went ape. I love it. Literally the second time they played in front of 18 kids at a sunday afternoon show. 8 of them were there to see BVS 10 were there to see the horrible local bands that opened up the show. Its horrible shows like this that prolly was a factor in them braking up.

2. What does the spanish on the sleeve mean??

3. FINAL SHOW NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

oh and this

[image]

1. I only got to see this band twice. First time was in front of prolly 100 kids as well. The lead singer went ape. I love it. Literally the second time they played in front of 18 kids at a sunday afternoon show. 8 of them were there to see BVS 10 were there to see the horrible local bands that opened up the show. Its horrible shows like this that prolly was a factor in them braking up.

2. What does the spanish on the sleeve mean??

3. FINAL SHOW NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

oh and this

[image]

1. fuckin' a.

2. Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice - state motto of Michigan, Latin for "If you seek a pleasant peninsula, look about you"

3. FUCKIN' A. I'd go about any distance.

oh and this

I am jealous

i didn't really get into them until right after terrorhawk came out, then they broke up. Never got to see them live.

They have/had an incredibly unique sound, one of the most original bands I've ever heard. They were all incredible musicians, I'm pretty sure they used to swap instruments a lot while playing live, (anybody that's seen them live correct me if I'm wrong)

When my girlfriend and I started dating, she ask'd me, if I could be in any band, who would it be? without even hesitating, I said, BEAR VS. SHARK.

I saw them two nights in a row w/ Coheed and Cambria at the Troubadour in Hollywood a few years back. I bought the tickets for C&C, but BVS stole the show both nights. Amazing live band.

Also, There is a Novel by an Author named Chris Bachelder called Bear vs. Shark. I found it in a used book store and was into the band so I bought it. Fantastic novel. It centers around a hypothetical question, If you put a shark in a tank with enough water for it to swim freely but not so deep that if you put a bear in the tank it would hinder it's mobility, who would win in a fight? This question becomes the national past time with everyone either a bear fan or shark fan. Crazy stuff.

So apreesh to both the band and the novel. There you go.

bear vs shark was amazing. i don't think any other word can some them up. i first heard buses/no buses on a equalivision promo and i made me want to cry. i had never heard a band like that before...but then i prob never will again. i followed them through the music and finally got to them at cafe metro in wilkes barre, pa on an off day from a fear before tour. i sat outside chain smoking with 2 of my friends on the sidewalk talking to two dude i had never met. an hour into talking i finally realized they were derek and the drummer (whose name eludes me). they were two of the coolest guys. they dominated a stage like i had never seen before. seeing marc with mike in his mouth laying on the keyboard and still playing was just mind boggling. he spent a large portion of that show touch my friends bard. i'll never know why. i saw them one more time at the same place with a bit of a bigger audience about a month before the broke up. i definitely miss them, but then to put out two solid records and fade into history is pretty amazing with all bands who have overstayed their musical welcome. better to go out on top i guess...