poster frames

go to michaels if you have them in your area. and check your local ads before you go, they almost always have 50% off 1 regular priced item coupons. i just bought a frame from their today. and yes, they have 27 x 40 and they are nicer standard frames than you would find than say... at walmart or something. theyre like 40 bucks regular price but if you use the coupon its a pretty good deal. if you dont really care and just want a frame, i know walmart does sell 27 x 40 frames for like 20 bucks.

Guest scriptedrain
Speaking of frames, does anyone frame their records?

I'm moving out soon and I'm planning a nice collage of my favorite album covers.

Yeah, we have a few up. Minus the Bear - Planet of Ice, Nirvana - Bleach, Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense, and the Alkaline Trio / Hot Water Music picture disc. One plus of collecting records is that you can do this because the artwork is large enough.

never done custom framing through michaels or anyone else but i pretty much assumed it was a rip off. just about all custom framing is... that i know of anyways but i guess thats what you get when its labor intensive.

you can get lp frames at michaels and target for like 10 bucks. i have a couple framed where i have duplicates of an album.

i have some doubles of old records that i've framed the one in worse condition (Springsteen's 'Nebraska' for instance). I tend to not frame anything I seriously care about because having them on the wall will fade the artwork. i don't recommend it for anything worth cash but it looks cool for other records.

i have some doubles of old records that i've framed the one in worse condition (Springsteen's 'Nebraska' for instance). I tend to not frame anything I seriously care about because having them on the wall will fade the artwork. i don't recommend it for anything worth cash but it looks cool for other records.

If you get museum quality glass it will reduce fading by 99%.

If you have Cost Plus World Market near you, I like to get poster frames there. I framed my Jacob Bannon Jane Doe oversided screenprint that Deathwishinc.com put out a while back, and an Against Me!/Grabass Charlestons gig poster. I think I paid about 30$ per frame, but they are glass front, not acrylic and they have a nice heavy black wood border.

As far as framing records, I'm with Sal Paradise. That doesn't compute.....

Also Sal, I dig the Kerouac referrence. My favorite book of all time.