NHL Winter Classic

Of the 3 shootout goals I thought Crosby's was the most skilled. Letang had Miller dead, Miller had no idea where he was going but Crosby's patience was amazing.

Agreed.

Watching it live, I thought it was an "oops" goal that slipped through. After seeing the replay, however... WOW!

Totally. I was boggled on how it went in, then they showed the reverse angle where its obvious Sid was just waiting. The Kid has some skill.

i'm kinda suprised the pgh ratings weren't better. the pens are 2nd or 3rd if i remember right in home town ratings, behind buffalo.

i'm sure in buffalo though, a much bigger deal was made about it. probably like the all star game here a few years back that had great ratings in pittsburgh, even though the pirates have sucked ass since i was 6.

they went on a hot streak around this time last year. conk has been playing out of his mind. ruutu kicked tucker's ass, which is always a great sight. i think my favorite video ever was kovi planting a elbow to tucker's throat. sid's been hot, and so has malkin. the whole team is geling, and this constant stream of injuries doesn't seem to dampen it. their d is getting low though... and i don't think they can call up nas, because i doubt he'll clear waivers.

Can you really expect anything better than what we're getting from a third string goalie? He's what, 6-0 now? It's awesome to know that this team is only going to get better over the next 1-5 years with their core pretty much intact. Although, it was really hard to watch 'em fuck over the Reccin' Ball for the umpteenth time. This squad is going to need those vets again come playoff time and how rad would it be to see him win another cup in Pgh 15 years later and retire?

rex was terrible here. i don't feel bad for it at all. he's doing great in atlanta for a little bit, but once he get his playing time cut a little bit or thinks he's proven the pens wrong, he'll be back to his shitty self. he was a great player. now he's just old.

conk has been great. i've always liked him and felt bad for him in the cup game when he misplayed the puck after sitting on the bench for the whole playoffs.

i'll tell you what i hate most about the pens being the hottest team though... their stuff is hard to get on ebay with the fairweather fans. i haven't been able to keep getting my auto rookie sets for them recently, and this year i was collecting pheonix instead for Carcillo, but now they've heated up too... which is kinda nice for my wallet, but sucks for my collection.

The Conklin situation is interesting... What I like about it is that it enables Fleury to heal 110% so we don't rush him back to the ice and hurt his injury more. However, once Fleury returns he is going to get starts. He is the goaltender of the future. That leaves us in an interesting situation, who stays as the #2 goalie? Obviously Dany is younger and has more potential. However, you cannot send Conks or Sabs down because they would have to clear waivers and would easily be snagged. There's no way the Pens are keeping 3 goalies on the roaster.

No Cup for us this year, but I expect us to make a solid run in the playoffs. The experience will be great because we're def. going to bring a championship or two back to the 'Burgh.