Ebay: Midtown "Save the World..." Test Press 12"

patrickemmons

Robb from Midtown contacted the label who was going to release this album who I got the test from and he said it was cool if I put the auction back up - so it's going back up again. Sorry about all this confusion and mess!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280548441206#ht_500wt_1154

A friend of mine was buying the rights to 5 drive thru albums and the first one was going to be Midtown "Save the World, Lose The Girl". Drive Thru gave him permission to get 5 test presses done of this album before he signed the contracts to make sure it sounded good. The vinyl plant kept pestering him to upload the artwork along with the audio so if the tests were approved they could go straight intro production, so I was hired to do the design / layout / audio upload. I worked my ass off because there were no master art files, I had to scan and photograph the album art and spent hours putting it all together. Long story short, when the contracts were going to be signed Drive Thru said "you can do the other 4 albums but we want to keep midtown for now so we could possibly release it on vinyl ourselves sometime in the future". So now it won't be pressed on vinyl, not sure if Drive Thru will even do it, but this pressing we had tests made of is all that will ever come of it this way.

Thing that sucks for me is that the money I was supposed to be paid for the artwork I did isn't coming now, I got fucked.

I was sent one of the 5 test pressings to listen and give me opinion on the audio quality - now that the album isn't happening, I'm not really into the band at all and need money badly so I had a friend list my copy on ebay and I'm going to include a hand printed sleeve with the winner's choice of ink color and design to make it a truly original 1 of a kind piece. The other 4 test presses (if they end up for sale) will not have this badass sleeve.

So, if you're into this band and have some money, place a bid and help me get back the money I never made and at the same time pick up a truly one of a kind rare as fuck record too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280548441206#ht_500wt_1154

my all time favorite band! local heroes, grew up with them. even have the big Midtown M tattooed on me. I would sell all my rare Brand New, Modest Mouse, and At The Drive In records for that. God I wish I wasnt broke

Okay then sell all your rare Brand New, Modest Mouse, and At The Drive In

Although this was 100% legitimate and the person I was doing the design for had permission to make these tests - the band just threatened him and in the message said they were after me - so I took the auction down.

I still own this and don't want it though...

thats bullshit. did he have permission in writing? if so i would have told them to fuck off and stop putting out shitty CSS albums.

That's fine if you sent my contact info to the band - I removed the record from ebay and I'm keeping it. As far as I'm concerned this situation is over. I got screwed, I was not bootlegging a goddamn thing, I'm out the cash I was supposed to be paid - so you should be happy!