What music have you been stoked on recently?

Guest errolwest

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really digging the new Stephen Egerton album, especially the track with Dan Andriano on it. There are some great guests all over the record.

Other than that, I havenn't really been getting into anything new lately. I've reverted back to listening to a lot of 80s metal, and not a whole lot else.

Based off the track "Soulless" I am pretty stoked for the new Fake Problems album, though!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest markovianprocess

I've been watching that of Montreal performance of "Sex Karma" on Jimmy Fallon live on repeat. I have also been playing a lot of Refused - The Shape of Punk To Come since I finally got a copy on vinyl.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread further confirms I've only barely scratched the surface of music. So much I've never listened to. It doesn't help that my sound card is busted too. BUT I want to recommend a couple.

1. Bookends (think Defiance Ohio). http://www.myspace.com/bookends)

2. The Paper Hearts (Ex-Lucero). Lots of free mp3 @ http://www.thepaperhearts.com/wp/category/mp3/

Fake Problems

World's End Girlfriend

Crippled Black Phoenix

Die Antwoord

Hammock

Grinderman

Iron Chic

Karkwa

Wow, Karkwa, the French canadian band? Their is a conreversy here in Quebec since they won the Polaris price last week (best canadian album, all genre), some people are saying they won because they were 4 french speaking judge out of 11 on the panel.

Last year winner was Fucked Up by the way.