PO: Torche: Songs For Singles LP

$26 for a 22-minute album? RIPOFF.

I love Torche, but goddamn, their vinyl is SERIOUSLY overpriced. At least previous releases had packaging that sorta warranted the high cost. Why is this thing so much? Ridiculous.

because it can be. HH/BCD knows dudes will pay for it. i agree its overpriced and that the layout looks questionable (isnt that the exact same typeface floor used?) but here's to hoping this album rules and theres something awesome about the lp layout that we dont know yet.

another way to look at... people on here didnt think twice about spending 7 bucks plus shipping for a converge 7" that had one 4 1/2 min song on it. myself included. technically, thats even more expensive when comparing cost vs. length of play.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torche is one of my favorite bands and I could give a shit about pre ordering this. It doesn't cost $6 to ship a record media mail even with a new mailer and packaging. A single LP to boot? Give me a break. I usually don't bitch about labels and costs of records but fuck this label, I'll buy it from the band on tour.

yeah, which sucks but at least some cash will make it to the band. No clue what sort of deal they have worked out but they either buy them for cheap off HH or get a certain amount of copies to sell.

Of course I am a little grumpy and probably wrongly took it out on HH just now. They have always put out quality records. I'm also frustrated with the amount of great records coming out in the last week alone that I cant order for some time. Bumming me out.

It would make sense for this to be 4x7" because Torche said they wrote these songs as concise singles, but I haven't seen anyone saying it is.

if this happened in addition to an lp i would buy it, but i would be frustrated as shit if a torche record was ever released as a bunch of singles only. Their records are not something I want to get up and flip over after every song.