Apple Music Event

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

God you're fucking retarded. Record Labels aren't getting submissions for signings based on Guitar Hero scores. Photo agencies are being deluged in tons of crap photography from idiots who think they're photographers because they bought a camera.

thank you.

all people have to do is go look at craigslist to see what a problem this is becoming. every asshat whose mommy or daddy got them an slr is now a 'professional' photographer willing to shoot things for insanely low prices, thus effectively putting the people who have actually invested great deals of money into their profession and rely on it to pay their bills out of business in the process.

our buddy here is just using every excuse in the book to drop the term 'guitar instructor' like she's some sort of professional.

This is similar to what punk rock did in a way. Is Allison is no longer for t3h punx?!?!? :P

God you're fucking retarded. Record Labels aren't getting submissions for signings based on Guitar Hero scores. Photo agencies are being deluged in tons of crap photography from idiots who think they're photographers because they bought a camera.

thank you.

all people have to do is go look at craigslist to see what a problem this is becoming. every asshat whose mommy or daddy got them an slr is now a 'professional' photographer willing to shoot things for insanely low prices, thus effectively putting the people who have actually invested great deals of money into their profession and rely on it to pay their bills out of business in the process.

our buddy here is just using every excuse in the book to drop the term 'guitar instructor' like she's some sort of professional.

Allison, when it comes down to it.. anyone who's looking to get cheap photos from a hack isn't going to pay for your services (though your prices are extremely cheap for your quality of photos.. and i'm not just being nice to be nice) because they don't know any better and will go for the cheapest rate possible rather than quality.

as far as guitar instructor. While i'm curious as how you(nicole) can be a 17 year old guitar instructor is beyond me. But yet again, i have known many 17 year olds that can give yngwie a run for their money back in the 80's so it's not uncommon for a person that young to give instruction. just sayin'. Unless you're like my college guitar instructor who was trying to give me guitar lessons on how to play basic chords and what not, when i was already playing Albeniz's Asturias.

I actually quite prefer the new Itunes 10 look. Once you remove the redundancies from the Album view it becomes clean, clear, & concise. There's less lines and grids. A little more breathing room, I feel:

[image]

Though I do wish making the album art icons bigger were an option.

Also, with Ping, it's currently not an option to sign artists up. Apple only made it available to a few premier/featured artists, thus giving them an intended boost in advertising. Why can't I go in and register profiles to begin promoting the bands I work with? That seems unfair.

If you want to run XBMC in HD on your current Apple TV, look into get a Crystal HD card.

I have not heard of this. I wonder if it'd be cheaper then an atom set-top box to get an appletv and that.

Well if you have an Apple TV already, you can get a Cystal HD card for like $70, but you have to remove your WIFI card.

If you don't have an Apple TV, you can find ION boxes for around $300.

I just bought a Zotac MAG from New Egg last month, on sale for $229 and it's been great for XBMC and viewing 1080p video.

A few thoughts on iTunes 10 and Ping.

I'm using the 64-bit version of iTunes on Windows 7.

- It still takes forever to open iTunes from a cold start. This is because of my huge library I assume.

- iTunes runs a little smoother now, not much lag shifting between playlists, albums, yada yada.

- I'm kind of like the new look, but I do miss some of the color in the icons on the left.

- I like the new dropdown for AirTunes or whatever they're calling it now. I use that feature daily and it's a little more polished now.

- Ping stinks right now.

- It's confusing, clunky, and slow.

- It's no Last.fm at all! The only music that shows up for you is stuff your purchase or go out of your way to like.

- Ping can grow and become decent, but for now, pass.

this made me think of that fashion photo shoot done with an iPhone 3gs.

http://fstoppers.com/iphone/

yeah, i saw that! it's kind of insane. but the whole point of the exercise was to prove that it's not always the camera that makes the photo; it's the skill of the photographer and knowing how to use light.

like chase jarvis says, the best camera is the one you have with you.

Very true! The video was definitely sweet.

Although it is easy for the right person to take sweet photos with a shitty camera...it would have been nice for him to do the project using only natural light and no retouching. :)

It's a little easier to make a shitty camera's photos look good when you have the money for strobes (or even those shitty flood lights), assistants and a retoucher that gets paid 100/hr.