Earth Crisis & SHAI HULUD tour!

jhulud

saw shai hulud once at cafe metro in wilkes barre, pa back in 03. they played with with honor and since by man. it sold out and was PACKED. i stood right on the side of the stage. it was back when geert was doing vocals. a day or two later my hardcore band played and show...let me say...talk about inspiration to pour it all out in a live show. i never saw anything like it and may not ever again. just flat out amazing

Last time I saw Shai Hulud, I had a flight in from Boston (to Detroit) right before doors. This was October of 2006. I threw in a new set of contacts before my flight took off, we landed, I grabbed my shit and booked ass up there. Made it just in time to catch a couple of bands before Hulud, relax, buy some records and shoot the shit with Fletcher.

Then, during the first minute of their set, 2 fucking kids run across the stage, shove Fletcher out of the way, and jump feet-first right into the crowd, landing right on me. The first one tore my eyelid and the second landed on me. I was pissed because while getting knocked down was no big deal, I lost a contact and could barely see the whole show. I had to stand there, covering one eye just so I could focus. Luckily I had an extra one in the car from being out of town.

Afterward, I'm standing there talking to Matt Fox, about this disgusting octopussy video that was posted on their message board. And he's ranting and fucking raving about how it made him hate humanity and instead of making disgusting perverted videos and posting them online, people should use their time "helping old ladies across the street or something". But in the course of our conversation, he keeps stopping to ask if I'm SURE I'm okay. It was really funny.

Yet another rambling, tired post. USA! USA! USA!

I think I'm gonna hit this up and just split after Hulud. I don't really listen to much of this kind of shit anymore, I don't like Earth Crisis, I will probably feel like I'm surrounded by mooks and dudes that need to grow the fuck up instead of doing their weird, immature version of being hardcore.